ISO dashcam 360 view

Bill Kater

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for a reliable dashcam that will give me a 360deg view, or close to, of the outside of my car. Maybe a dual lens that will show front and rear. And maybe thru the side windows for side view.

What is out there and what deg field of view do they have front and rear facing?

Thanks for the help

Bill

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

There are no 360 dashcam out there that will give you all around coverage, there are a few but they sort of just give you front coverage + cabin and what ever little you can see out of side and rear windows.
And there are no 4 channel dashcam for front & rear + L and R sides, only way to get to that are to deploy 2 dual channel cameras, but then you also get a video bubble around your car.

This is my setup, not mixed well in post but if you look closly at the footage and buildings ASO in it you can see the 4 cameras overlap a little.

I am looking at the Vantrue N2 Uber Dual Dash Can. It is windshield mount and gives about 310deg coverage. That is 170deg forward and 140deg rear facing. I would be happy with that.

I am want:
1. Quality
2. Discreet
3. Reliability
4. Price point vs 1, 2, and 3

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

take the viewing angles with a pinch of salt, they're not nearly as wide as the numbers would have you believe

Yes in real world angles thats probably 130 degree forward and 110 degree for cabin camera.

A lens with a actual near to 180 degree field of view will have a substantial degree of fisheye to it, and it will just mean in a dashcam context you will have more of the dashboard and A pillars in the footage

I am testing a similar uber style camera ( B2W ) and this is the cabin lens.

As someone with the N2Pro cam I can't really recommend it although there are worse choices. It's not a bad cam but it's been surpassed by newer ones and after-sales support is minimal from VanTrue :( The few 360 degree cams you can get don't work well for several reasons- low bitrates, lens distortion, car parts blocking the view etc. If you want all-around coverage a pair of dual channel cams that have a remote cam unit or two will get you much better results :cool:

My current semi-permanent set-up is 3 single cams (L, R, and R) with a 'taxi-cam' style dual channel in front. It just kind of evolved this way with me and it works. I run more but this is my minimal gear.

Back