Issue after issue on both 522s I own

Rebelfifi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been onto Nextbase and lost my patience totally. I’ve done everything they said! Format card, Nextbase at that! Firmware update!
issue after issue after issue. They are now upset with my feedbacK!! The latest audacity by a fitm which won’t accept they ive a dodgy camera which is hard wired is that the App has a bug! It shows Bluetooth connected Live recording feed with Red message stating Bluetooth disabled!! It messes around all the time, didn’t recorded When I needed it, when I get in the car it’s making a beeping noise, it freezes!
I need take it back to Halfords, I’ve got 2 one in each car and they are both as useless as the other!!
the single worse thing I’ve ever bought over rated expensive and I’ve just seen hundreds of dissatisfied customers with every problem imaginable and lives had them all
Oh but it’s never ever their faulty cameras
Anyone else exasperated?

Attachments

• 6844C336-0DCA-47FE-B807-73FB91C9E0D2.png
    6844C336-0DCA-47FE-B807-73FB91C9E0D2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
I'm waiting for a deal on the viofo a119 v3 plus the polarising filter on amazon as its got a super capacitor instead of a battery, as its got to a point where I'm having to charge my 422gw every day after work even though the unit has been on charge all day in my van whilst on record... If only nextbase had super capacitors it would be a world beater

I managed to get a refund on mine after 2 replacements being as bad as the first.

One of the worst purchases I've ever made.

Mine worked fine without the rear camera plugged in but with it ran warm, froze and never seemed to record when you needed it.

Nextbase support useless. Blame the SD card and even their own cards give the same result.

All a big scam. Camera won't work correctly unless you use their overpriced cards.

Kept me waiting months for a firmware fix then told me it was faulty and to exchange it.

Both replacements, replacment rear camera and hardwire kit gave same results. Tried in a friend's car for a week and same result.

Its absolute junk and not fit for purpose.

I'll never buy a nextbase product again.
Anyone would think you don't like Nextbase? It's not as if you've mentioned it before...

Must admit I can't relate to any of the comments on this post as Nextbase and their customer service is fantastic, I have 5 of their Dashcams 312 x2, 322 with rear cam attachment, 522 with rear window cam and the 612 4k, when ever I've had a problem with Nextbase - once when I purchased a 612 from Halfords (speaker didn't record sound properly, not sure if it was ex display or something as the box didn't contain everything), they've always been super fast to reply and sort the problem out. I've recently purchased a 522 direct from Nextbase website on offer and with their 10%off code with the rear window camera and the app and Alexa works fine on mine in and out of the car. The only problem I had when I first got it was the Nextbase Alexa skill wouldn't pair to my Amazon account to work, so I messaged Nextbase and they replied straight away and once they knew what phone I had they knew how to sort it straight away, (Samsung Internet Browser was at fault).

You say hundreds of dissatisfied customers but what about the 1000s of happy customers? I mean if you search the web for problems of any product you're always going to find people unhappy leaving negative reviews, as people only really take to the internet if they've got a problem to rant and moan about it, when people are satisfied with a product you rarely see them posting up saying how happy they are with it.

Sorry for the essay but just adding my 50pence worth, as I think the words "absolute junk and not fit for purpose" are abit harsh but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

And callum84 has voiced his.:D

I wonder if Callum84 is displaying the "Protected by Nextbase" sticker in his rear window? ;):unsure:

People having satisfactory experiences rarely post about those on forums, so what will be seen more here are posts about problems.

It does seem to be clear that some of these cams are having some serious issues, while others are apparently fine. At best, this would seem to indicate a varying build quality or an inadequate QC procedure for bought components. Neither of these points are indicative of a good product or good production management. Maybe they'll find the source of the issues and mitigate it. There is good potential here but unless RL performance consistently matches the potential, the unhappy posts will continue unabated.

Phil

People having satisfactory experiences rarely post about those on forums, so what will be seen more here are posts about problems.

It does seem to be clear that some of these cams are having some serious issues, while others are apparently fine.
it would seem that the majority of people that do have issues are having them when using the rear camera, it seems to be much more stable in single channel mode

Sorry to hear you and others are having trouble, I use the rear camera plug-in that looks through the car, never had a problem yet, using sandisk 128GB U3 memory card

Got mine as my Christmas present

Sorry to hear you and others are having trouble, I use the rear camera plug-in that looks through the car, never had a problem yet, using sandisk 128GB U3 memory card

Got mine as my Christmas present
What resolution do you run yours at ? I'm 1080p front and back atm.

Back