Issue reading files created in NB 312GW

Ridgeway

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
I installed my Nextbase 312GW a few months ago and just let it run and do it's thing. Last week I took out the memory card and got a bit of a surprise... Only a few of the recorded files were actually readable on my Mac. The files seem to be created in order and non are missing but it's weird that most are unreadable where as a few are OK and these that are OK are always together in a group. Overall about 10% are readable. All have the same file extensions.

Anyone have any ideas ?

a cheapo Ebay special, could it be that ?

OK I'll try another card. So far that card worked well in a digital still camera without issue.

Thanks

OK I'll try another card. So far that card worked well in a digital still camera without issue.

Thanks

it could just be poor quality but you can test the card with h2testw and you will most likely find out that the capacity is fake

is there a spec and brand you could suggest ?

main thing is choose a brand name card and make sure it's genuine, I believe Nextbase prefer SanDisk cards just don't buy the entry level red/grey ones, buy the better quality ones, High Endurance or A1, U3 etc

OK cheers, will get one this week and give it a whirl.

Thanks for the advice

OK i switched cards from the cheapo ebay card to a genuine SanDisk extreme 32gb A1 and this did the trick, all the videos are there.

Thanks to Jokiin for the tip

Back