Issues Galore

jpp

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR750S-2CH
So I got the DR750S-2CH for Christmas and installed it yesterday. Install was a breeze, but that's where the fun stops. I drove around a bit and then took my SD card into the house to check video quality, angles, settings, etc. When I opened the footage, I had one or two clips of perfectly fine video, and then the rest of the front camera files had this awful green and pink static over it to the point where you couldn't see anything (photo 1). I adjusted the settings to some of the "recommended settings" I saw online, and gave it a second chance. When I plugged the SD card into the computer again, all of the front camera files were now just the rear camera. So it was a FR file with the main image being the rear camera (still with the awful static) and then the little PIP was also rear footage. Same thing when I checked the rear footage, except the scenario was flipped. The main picture was clear, although it was slightly stuttering and seemed slowed down. Audio works fine, though. But the PIP had the static (it was still the rear footage). So I reverted all the settings to stock and tried it again - still the same thing. On top of that, I now get an error message 80% when I try to open a clip, and it closes the entire program (photo 2).

Thoughts?

Attachments

• BlackVue Issue 1.JPG
    BlackVue Issue 1.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 17
  • BlackVue Issue 2.JPG
    BlackVue Issue 2.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 17
Here's a video of the "front" camera

Looking for a replacement for our 650. That's because of all of its issues. The thing is, you look at reviews, and it really doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, because you never hardly ever see reviews average above 3½ stars out of 5 — from even the best manufacture. This industry has a mighty long way to go bebefore the majority of owners consistently say, "these things are Rock Solid reliable"
Bottom line - wirh other compact dash cams - it's no better

Last edited:
Looking for a replacement for our 650. That's because of all of its issues. The thing is, you look at reviews, and it really doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, because you never hardly ever see reviews average above 3½ stars out of 5 — from even the best manufacture. This industry has a mighty long way to go bebefore the majority of owners consistently say, "these things are Rock Solid reliable"
Bottom line - wirh other compact dash cams - it's no better

Do you think it could be the SD card? Whenever I try to format it, it tells me that it can't and to "check my SD card"

What SD card are you using? Was it supplied with the cam, bought from a reputable retailer or might it be a cheap ebay/amazon purchase (risk of being fake)?

BUT... looking at that first image, it could easily be a hardware issue, faulty cam

What SD card are you using? Was it supplied with the cam, bought from a reputable retailer or might it be a cheap ebay/amazon purchase (risk of being fake)?

BUT... looking at that first image, it could easily be a hardware issue, faulty cam

It's the card they supplied

I would suspect its a hardware/firmware fault then.

You could try reinstalling/updating the firmware, see if that fixes it, otherwise you might be better returning it

I would suspect its a hardware/firmware fault then.

You could try reinstalling/updating the firmware, see if that fixes it, otherwise you might be better returning it

The SD card won't format. This is the notice I get whenever I try to via their app. So I can't update the firmware either

Attachments

• BlackVue Issue 3.JPG
    BlackVue Issue 3.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 15
Can you format it in a computer?

Do you have any other SD cards at hand?

Can you format it in a computer?

Do you have any other SD cards at hand?

I am formatting it on the computer - or trying to rather. I don't have any on me, might try buying one. I planned on it eventually regardless because I only got the 16GB with the kit itself. Which 64-128GB cards are good for these?

I don't know if Blackvue cams are "fussy" when it comes to memory cards, like nextbase cams, but Sandisk Extreme, Transcend Premium 400x, those are used a lot, purposely designed for high quality video recording due to write speeds. Class 10 or above (or U1/U3, I think U1 is the same as class 10 anyway)

Alright - might try a new SD card, though I doubt it will help. I'm so annoyed though - I'll have to redo the entire hardwire install

cross that bridge when ya get to it.... if ya get to it

can't hurt to try another card but the results you are getting are indicative of a faulty CMOS sensor

Bought a new SD card - no dice. It just says "Initializing SD card. Please do not disconnect the power. Restarting. Invalid SD card settings. Restarting." Or something like that, and it loops over and over again. Brought it in, it won't format through the BlackVue Viewer - same error message as before. "Failed to format SD card. Please check your SD card settings. So I formatted manually. Tried it in the camera again - no luck.

You wont have to do a complete install Just flick the body of the camera out of the holder and send that back for warranty.

Thats what I would do anyway

Do you think it could be the SD card? Whenever I try to format it, it tells me that it can't and to "check my SD card"

Check your cables. Our cameras are very sensitive about the way they are plugged in. Make sure you didnt damage ports, and cable is fully plugged in. I know mine requires a little push to click in.

Your original SD card wont format if there are any protected files on it. When you were playing with your camera you likely bumped it or moved it and Gshock sensor was triggered resulting in protected file. Open it up as mass storage device and delete all files or go to Blackvue software and delete all green event files then you can format easily.

Your second Sd card is likely not formatted as Fat32, thats why you are getting those errors. Take it to your computer and format as FAT32. Let us know if it fixed your problem.

If you formatted a card of more that 32gb in a PC it will do it in EXFAT and then the camera wont like it If you wnat to do it in a PC and havent got a program that will do large cards in FAT32 its better to do in in NTFS and the camera will then change it to FAT32 ( I found out the hard way)

Use this to format it in FAT32 guiformat- X64. Google it use default cluster setting

Back