Issues with 0906 & fixes if any- Collective Thread

MegaMind

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning to create a thread where the users don't have to go through all the threads to study the issues they had with their Mini 0906 dash cams.
May be the Manufacturers can directly go through it and probably fix it if possible either in form of updates or any other means possible.
kindly follow the following format so that it can be easy to read and maintain uniformity.

Cam Owned From :
Issues With Cam (If any) :
Fixes (If Applied):

Thank you

Hi MegaMind. Good idea and here is my experience (after two months):

Order: February 2018
Issues: Out of focus lens (alt. could be fixed by DIY)
GPS lost (poss. soldering issue with GPS connector)
Settings resetting (poss. soldering issue with battery connector)
Fixes: Returning back for a replace (and now waiting for a new production set of May 2018)

Cam Owned From : April 23 '18
Issues With Cam (If any) :
GPS inaccurate
Fixes (If Applied):
Awaiting response from Veckle (as of today)

Other than this problem, the camera has performed perfectly. Also, the Texas heat hasn't been an issue with the 3M sticky pads. I'll be ordering another unit for my wife's car.

Cam Owned From : April 15 2018
Issues With Cam (If any) : settings reset after a couple days of use. I talked to the vendor, they shipped me a replacement one. I tried the new one and got the same problem.
Fixes (If Applied): Don't know what else can I do... tried charging it for 2-3 hours before first use (as instructed by the vendor. But doesn't help. I have another one from another vendor, had it for 2 weeks. That one doesn't seem to have this problem as of yet, I will see. Maybe the first vendor has a bad batch. :(

Tat, can you tell us the vendor with the correctly working stock?

Tat, can you tell us the vendor with the correctly working stock?

I pm you. I don't wanna vet for any one publicly... especially I only had that one for a couple weeks and not sure if the problem will come up in the long run.

I pm you. I don't wanna vet for any one publicly... especially I only had that one for a couple weeks and not sure if the problem will come up in the long run.

And I think I jinxed myself, my mini0906 also reset today.... after two weeks. :(

I am going to return my 0906. We’re not hearing from the manufacturer on this.

Randomly thought I'd pull my camera and ave a check today only to find that it's had it's second reset a couple of days ago. And the GPS is taking an age to lock some days it seems. I can't see the camera from where it's mounted so hard to tell when these things happen.

The only saving grace is that at least it keeps recording when it does reset so while you may not have your chosen settings you will still have some proof of what's happening.

It's annoying that the MEGtech team have gone deathly quiet on this as I bought it after seeing them active among the forums. It think it'll be a StreetGuardian DR for me when it comes out. Just hope I can afford it. Good job I got the 0906 for a good price. Even without the problems i'd still favour the SG unit for the smarter install but at least I wouldn't be in a rush to buy it.

Come on @Rayman.Chan and co please tell us there is some hope for these units.

I am going to return my 0906. We’re not hearing from the manufacturer on this.
That's exactly why I immediately cancelled my order through Newegg after reading this thread. It saved me a bunch of frustration. I ordered an opia 2 instead even though it's not a two channel system. I'll use my viofo wr1 as my rear camera.

Is this dashcam manufacturer going out of business?

Is this dashcam manufacturer going out of business?
@Rayman.Chan was busy for his business management and will be back to the forum if he has spare time!
By the way, please contact sellers for help directly if any questions to use this mini0906!

@Rayman.Chan was busy for his business management and will be back to the forum if he has spare time!
By the way, please contact sellers for help directly if any questions to use this mini0906!

Thanks for the updates. For the reset issue, I don't think the sellers can help with anything except for return. Someone suggested a feature to save the settings to a file in the sdcard and read it from start up. I think that will solve the reset issue once and for all. Not sure if you have the connection to someone who is responsible for the firmware?

Thank you.

Thanks for the updates. For the reset issue, I don't think the sellers can help with anything except for return. Someone suggested a feature to save the settings to a file in the sdcard and read it from start up. I think that will solve the reset issue once and for all. Not sure if you have the connection to someone who is responsible for the firmware?

Thank you.
Actually, user can download firmware here http://mini0906.com/update.html

What I mean is that the team maintaining the firmware could add the suggested feature into the firmware. The latest firmware is 1/24/2018 and obviously it doesn't do that (saving settings to a file).
Please tag @Rayman.Chan then!

My settings reset over the weekend, I noticed it happened while recording. Later I checked the card, and it's full. I am speculating if it triggers the settings reset, that the card is full and it needs to overwrite another file and there's a glitch in the firmware doing that. Just speculating... I reformatted the card, and see if it happened again when card approaching capacity...

Installed: September 2017

New issue for me is that sometimes it shuts off while driving. I have also seen that it's on but stopped recording while driving. I also have seen it won't turn on when I start the engine (hard wire kit installed) and have to manually turn it on.
Running the latest firmware.
I have had past issues of it rebooting to factory default settings (with latest firmware) but has not done that for a little while now.

I received a new GPS module, but my location is still inaccurate. The camera works great otherwise. No random reset or other strange behavior. My seller (through Amazon) is iOrange-E, and is quick to respond to my emails. Hopefully we can resolve this issue.

I received a new GPS module, but my location is still inaccurate. The camera works great otherwise. No random reset or other strange behavior. My seller (through Amazon) is iOrange-E, and is quick to respond to my emails. Hopefully we can resolve this issue.
How do you tell it's inaccurate? Are you using the viewer on a pc?

Back