Issues with Blackvue DR650GW-2CH

Logzorz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys i wanted some advice on some issues I'm having with the camera

1. The 64gb Sandisk SD card I am using worked great for a week whilst driving etc, now the camera keeps telling me to check the SD card after deleting all the videos off it, though when I place it back into the camera, it seems to replace all the video files i just deleted. The desktop app does not seem to help either.

2. I cannot for the life of me find the loop recording function, I've checked both settings pages in the app on my Note Edge (Blackvue C), and on the SD through the Blackvue app on my desktop.

The firmware that the camera is running is the latest, same with the app on my phone and desktop. I've sent a message to Pitasoft in hopes to get some info but I'm hoping you guys will be faster!

Thanks!!

Just chucked in the original 16gb Blackvue one i got with the cam, ill see how that goes.

1. The 64gb Sandisk SD card I am using worked great for a week whilst driving etc, now the camera keeps telling me to check the SD card after deleting all the videos off it, though when I place it back into the camera, it seems to replace all the video files i just deleted. The desktop app does not seem to help either.

2. I cannot for the life of me find the loop recording function, I've checked both settings pages in the app on my Note Edge (Blackvue C), and on the SD through the Blackvue app on my desktop.

The firmware that the camera is running is the latest, same with the app on my phone and desktop. I've sent a message to Pitasoft in hopes to get some info but I'm hoping you guys will be faster!

Thanks!!

Hello Logzorz,

As mentioned in many of our previous posts, it is strongly recommended to only use BlackVue SD cards in the cameras, 3rd party cards are not fully compatible.

As you have already carried out: please try with the original BlackVue card, if problems persist please contact us.

Thanks!!
I don't think there is a "loop" setting.. The system just overwrites the oldest files. Hard to think that the video is being replaced by the original once you deleted the video. Pull the SD chip and look at the contents with a PC. I have noticed that by using "delete" only the video of non events gets deleted and none of the GPS data. Which is why Blackvue suggests using the format function to ensure all the files are removed.

Hey guys thanks for the prompt responces, turns out when you "cook/fry" a sandisk MSD card they enable write protection to save your data. Switching to the 16gb card that Blackvue provided seems to have resolved my issue.

"The loop recording is an integral part of our device system. It is always on, meaning that the oldest file will be deleted to make a room for a new file when the SD card is full." - Blackvue support

Turns out it was the SD card all along, and you cannot access loop/overwrite functionality.

Thanks heaps guys!
Valueble lesson learned use dash cam specific msd cards

Hey guys thanks for the prompt responces, turns out when you "cook/fry" a sandisk MSD card they enable write protection to save your data. Switching to the 16gb card that Blackvue provided seems to have resolved my issue.

"The loop recording is an integral part of our device system. It is always on, meaning that the oldest file will be deleted to make a room for a new file when the SD card is full." - Blackvue support

Turns out it was the SD card all along, and you cannot access loop/overwrite functionality.

Thanks heaps guys!
Valueble lesson learned use dash cam specific msd cards

Yes we advise all of our customers to use only BlackVue specific SD cards. If you do decide to go for a larger card, they can be purchased from our dealers or online. http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/blackvue-sd-cards/

Blackvue is NOT your only option for SD cards. I've been using, very successfully, a 64Gb SanDisk Endurance ?? (the one designed for dashcams) for the past 4 months without any issues whatsoever

Blackvue is NOT your only option for SD cards. I've been using, very successfully, a 64Gb SanDisk Endurance ?? (the one designed for dashcams) for the past 4 months without any issues whatsoever

Not sure if your post was directed at us, but if you read our previous posts we have very frequently mentioned the Sandisk Endurance as an option. But we haven't fully tested it ourselves to fully endorse it as an option.

Not directed at anyone - just pointing out that the BV cards are not the only cards you can use

Using a Delkin 64GB 375X microSDXC, works just fine, and in fact is a recommended card by an authorised BV UK reseller.

I always suggest if you experience an odd condition with your card or camera....re-format the card...re-format the card regularily is a good practice

Thanks!!

Hi,
Try this. With your camera on and the sd card inserted press the button on the right hand side of the camera and hold it down until it 'Beeps' (bout 10-15 seconds) then release the button. The camera will re-configure it self and notify you of what it is actually doing.
Once it has done this is will say 'Blackvue for your safe driving, starting normal recording'.
Now take the card out of the camera and place it into your card reader.
On your computer go to 'Blackvue.Com', then support and then downloads. Find your model camera and down load the latest software.
Once this has been done plug in your card reader complete with the sd card, un zip the file and download it onto your card.
Job done.
It is advisable to do this exercise every couple of weeks. This will keep all your recording nice and clear. This is advisable on all cameras.

Regards

Mike

Back