Issues with Click and Go Pro mount - faulty after 6 weeks use?

benf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering - is anyone else having problems with issues with the Click and Go Pro mounts, with the GW 522 not reliably powering up when connected? ( https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/accessories/clickgo-pro-gps-mount/ ) ?

I bought a pair of 522's in July from Halfords and have been very pleased with them ( Video / Picture quality / Ease of use ) until recently one of the Click and Go Pro mounts no longer powered the camera.

The red LED was on, I tried cleaning contacts with contact cleaner etc but this made no difference. I could however power the camera from the mini USB B connector going into the mount, but not the mount itself - this isolated the issue to there.

Swapping the camera into the other mount / car worked fine.

Credit to Halfords, having explained the issue they were happy just to swap the faulty part out .

However, I've now noticed the second mount now is only intermittently powering the 522 I use there.

Am I just unlucky, is this a issue with the early G522's made, or is this a common wider issue?

No issues as yet with my mount for my 622GW. Then again I don't often take it out the car myself.

Having heard of this issue that many times, I remember my 422gw doing this once a while back but since then it's been OK. I try not to take my 422gw off the mount if I can help it as its a pain in the arse trying to pull it off lol

Having heard of this issue that many times, I remember my 422gw doing this once a while back but since then it's been OK. I try not to take my 422gw off the mount if I can help it as its a pain in the arse trying to pull it off lol
The mount is completely different to the series 1 cameras.

Yeah I know it is as my old 412gw was a hold and slide on/off motion compared to the series 2

I’m having problems with one mount as well. It usually powers the camera but doesn’t always record GPS data (speed, location). Tried contact cleaner with limited success but I can get it to work if I wrestle the camera onto the mount.

Back