Issues with date/time stamp

viet503

Reaction score
Country
United States
I set the correct date and timezone in the setting menu, but I dont know why the time and date keep jumping ahead by a day and 10 hours. I noticed this tend to happen after the message saying wifi has been connected. I had to resync the time to correct the date and time. I am wondering if the fact that I have another time zone added on my iphone somehow affecting the dashcam.

Do you test the camera in the car, normally if you set the right time zone, and dashcam connects with GPS, it will sync time with GPS.
There is also a sync time with the phone, but it requires to down this manually in the app setting.

We guess if user syncs the date-time with the phone, and then sets the time zone, but the dash cam hasn't connected with GPS, it will show the wrong time, we are checking on this.

Do you test the camera in the car, normally if you set the right time zone, and dashcam connects with GPS, it will sync time with GPS.
There is also a sync time with the phone, but it requires to down this manually in the app setting.

We guess if user syncs the date-time with the phone, and then sets the time zone, but the dash cam hasn't connected with GPS, it will show the wrong time, we are checking on this.
Yes. the time changed after the wifi is connected to the phone. I have to resync to get it to go back to the corrected time and date. There seem to be a lot of bugs when using the dashcam app for IOS. My friend got an android and his is working just fine.

I checked the IOS app does not sync the date-time automatically with phone. We suggest you set the time zone first.
We will update the firmware in the next version to fix this issue.

Back