Issues with LS460W

SnitserNL

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
DOD LS460W
Yesterday I received my newly bought LS460W. As I had an old dashcam, a GS5000, using a 32Gb class 4 MicroSDcard, I tried to use this memory card in the LS460W.

Yesterday it all worked fine. Only, when looking at the footage using Registrator Viewer, I noticed that all recorded files were locked.
Today I tested my dashcam again with the screen on, and I noticed that the lock-icon appeared in the screen with every G-sensor setting (High-Middle-Low). Even when the car was not moving at all the files were locked. Only when the G-sensor setting set to Off the current file would not be locked.

When coming home I noticed that most footage hadn't been written to the memory card. Only a few minutes of the 1.5 hours that I was driving were taped.

Now I know that according to the manual I should be using a class 10 card (the box says it should be a class 6 or 10), max 32Gb.
But, could the problems described above could be caused by the memory card. Or is it more likely that the dashcam's G-sensor isn't working properly?
What card is the best memory card to buy for the LS460W?

Greetings from the Netherlands,
SnitserNL.

Last edited:
To be honest I had issues with the LS460W with Samsung memory cards and Sandisk where it would just stop writing to the card. I returned two in the end for a refund. The biggest issue was the focus drift when it got warm - that's a hardware issue.

I didn't have the issue with all the files locking though so that could be a bad sensor.

What firmware version are they running now as a matter of interest?

My version screen says:

LS460W
FG1406260EN11
E00ECA00A01

That is still the original version then - I just didn't get on with these cameras at all, it's a shame as when it worked well the picture was really good but saying that there are definitely better cameras available for the price of the DOD. You could buy two of the higher end Dome G90s for the same price and it will outperform the DOD. Look out for the Mini 0806 as well as that is due and is a smaller version of the same camera.

All I'd say is format the card in the camera and see if it happens again - if it does, get it replaced for another one and if the vendor offers you a refund it might be worth looking at an alternate model.

You can see a lot of the issues I had in this thread:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-cmos-iso3200-f1-6-wdr-3dnr-5x-gps-hud.6051/

Okay, thanks for your replies. I will certainly look into that. I will probably send the cam back to the vendor.

Try the format first and if you do have another SD card try it and do the reset to default settings in the menu just to totally make sure it's a dud but unfortunately it does sound that way :(

Well... I have tried all of the above, but nothing changes anything: other memory card, dashcam reset, format ... It still locks the files immediately! Even when attached to the window pane of my house.

So I will just have to send it back to the vendor ... :(

Back