Issues with Mobius Quality

Flashesbuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you guys please take a look at the quality of video my mobius is putting out. I have had it running for about a month now, and you can barely see any licence places, and road signs during the day. Wondering if i have my settings correct. Also could this be a focus issue? I have never adjusted the lens.
Thanks

Here is a direct link to a video file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9XyESCx4sVIa1VNcWZZZE91Z2s/view?usp=sharing

And last a Yourtube video, of the same file.

out of focus

+1. Out of focus.

This seems to be about the same as my "C" lens unit and I have tried very carefully to get it focused correctly, yet this is still the best I can get. I'm getting a "C2" module so just adding my rather odd experience here. I hope Flashesbuck gets his focused OK, it seems to work for everyone else who tried it except me, but that's my usual luck.

Phil

This seems to be about the same as my "C" lens unit and I have tried very carefully to get it focused correctly, yet this is still the best I can get. I'm getting a "C2" module so just adding my rather odd experience here. I hope Flashesbuck gets his focused OK, it seems to work for everyone else who tried it except me, but that's my usual luck.

Phil

Mobius is, if not the easiest camera to open up and focus. Dashmellow had difficulty turning the lens and have to modify a DIY pliers to assist grip. Once he got over that he focus OK. What seem to be your problem?

I agree that the lens is out of focus but would also like to suggest tilting the camera downward so that there is 40% (or less) sky and 60% road/car hood in the image for improved exposure. It currently seems to be around 50/50 which is OK but not optimal.

As for focusing a Mobius, the best method is to use the camera in web cam mode while viewing on your computer screen. Also, once I got the C lens to unscrew I used a tiny amount of Nyogel lubricant on the threads which made focusing much easier in the FRP threaded lens module base.

Last edited:
Still haven't opened the case (yeah, I'm slow but I just haven't needed to yet and I'm kind of busy these days) :rolleyes:

I'm guessing mine has the crack around the allen screw because the lens turns from the outside with my fingers. I do have strong fingers and it's tight enough to stay put so I just did it that way since I could. I had it hooked to the lappy while parked in the driveway, I had objects to look at from 3M to 150M distant. After 45 minutes of playing it was maybe just a tiny bit better than when shipped. Definately something wrong somewhere as everyone else's is a lot better based on the vid's I've watched.

Not going to warranty/RMA. I don't want to be without it and it works OK, and with the new parts enroute it will be fun finally digging into it and seeing it do what I know it's capable of when I'm done. Just one of those few units that slipped past QC, that's all. It's my normal luck and I'm used to it :cool: Once I get the clarity sorted out I may need a new windshield- mine has a prominent wiper scratch right where Mobius looks through it. I know someone who does them cheap but that may have to wait- it's tax-time again and I need to keep some $$$ on hand till I find out what that's going to do to me.

Phil

Back