Issues with new 612GW

LiamNotLlamas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently upgraded from a 512G and brought the 612GW from amazon 2 weeks ago along with a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB - 275mb/s UHS-II class 10 u3 memory card.
The first day i got it i updated the firmware and charged it in the house for over 2 hours as stated.
Since about day 3 I've had issues where when i get into my car sometimes the camera will turn on for about 1 second then go off and won't power back on but the blue and red lights on the camera stay on.
At first i thought it was because i had parking mode on and the battery might of gone flat as i was working on my car in the week and the camera kept turning itself on and off, so i turned this off and it worked ok with no issues for around 4 days and then its done the same thing again without parking mode being on and the battery wouldn't of been flat as i had been on a 2 hour drive with it connected to the 12v socket on the previous journey.
The only way i have found to reset the camera is to bring it into the house connect it to my computer and power it on that way as the blue screen will come up on the camera, pressing the reset button doesn't work and neither does the power button until its been connected to the computer. Today is now the 3rd time in 2 weeks I've had this issue.
Can someone please advise what might be the issue?

I had this issue and found that it was because I was using a "standard" USB lead plugged into an adaptor that went into the cigarette lighter socket and NOT the USB lead supplied. I purchased a double cigarette lighter adaptor and used the supplied lead.

Problem solved, for me.

Moral of story: Not all USB leads are born equal.

Back