Issues with Parking Mode

NewCammer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello all together,

i own a Nextase 322 GW camera as it was a good looking cam in respect of the specs with a good price. I dont need the features of the higher models.

I own this camera now since 1 1/2 weeks and the regular recording mode seems to work fine so far.

Unfortunatly the parking mode seems to rarely work :(
When i turn off the car and leave it and wait for the camera to turn off i push my car from various sides like the force an parking incident would create.
Around once each 7 pushes the camera turns on which is in my point of view very bad.

I checked all settings of the camera and the firmware is up to date and the cam has enough battery power left to be able to wake up from standby / parking mode so this should not be the problem.
I also used the suction holder in the beginning and then the sticker connection to the windshield but it dit not make the situation better.

Anyone here with the same problems? I think it affects all nextbase cams... or are there higher models with a better G-Sensor or parking mode sensitivity?

"Push" implies a 'low G' movement and not what a 'parking incident' would cause. You need more of a 'bang' to create a higher G.
Does it trigger a parking recording when you open or bang the door closed as that is the more usual complaint.

yes when i close the door the locked recording starts...

But when i imagine another car slowly hits my car during a parking incident the g-force is also not so much... or when its a "drive by hit" with a slowly car...

Just for your information. I drive an Seat Ateca... its a bit tricky to push it like another car hits it because of its size but i can make the car shake like it was hit... i hold the reeling and shake / push it and i step on the tire and apply a hard push with my feet... and i push it from the backside...

Did you or anyone else see specs about the nextbase g-sensor sensitivity? I guess there are differences between the manufacturers.

No one here with similar problems or an idea? :-(

What are the reccomended ways to test parking mode in general independent from the brand of camera?

Bang, not "push" you are not creating an acceleration that's high enough.

but then a slow hit from another car is also not creating an acceleration which is high enough right?

Maybe i need to exchange this cam to another type with movement detection... not by g-force but just by movement in front of the lens...

And then when you are parked in a supermarket car park or similar, it will be permanently recording because of people walking about. And what happens when you get a serious bang from the side? A 'g' sensor with a 5 or 10 second video buffer is, in my opinion, the best solution. And for really optimum results, side cameras as well.(Yes, people really do that).

Believe it, It will work when the car gets knocked if it works when the door is opened/closed. It is extremely unlikely that another car will give you a gentle push that wont trigger the cam. And if it does, what damaged will it do anyway.
Bear in mind that the NB cameras do not buffer the video, so you only get the other car driving away, not what happened previously and even then the video will only record what;s happened in front/behind you, not to the side.

Your best bet seems to be to employ a large man with an AK47 and an ultra high definition movie cam. (and just for the 'permanently offended by Munchausen' it could just as easily be a small woman, and other makes of assault rifles are available). And just to make things perfectly clear, that was meant to be a joke with no intention of offending anyone. It seems that the days of being able to tell a joke without apologising first or afterwards have long passed.

ok you are right... then i can even permanently record with my actual cam...

also even more than two cams are on my mind... my current cam jumps on for recording short after the incident so i see only the time of the hit or even only the scene when the car which hits me is leaving... but it should be enough as i just need to see the licence plate. The rest is the job of the police / lawyer

At the moment its only this front cam with 140 degrees angle and a rea cam will be added soon with another 140 degrees... currently i am still in the desicion phase if i stay with nextbase or look for another brand.

I will do some more tests and reviews of video material.

The good joke about the man with the ak is good especially when parking in some areas :-D

ok you are right... then i can even permanently record with my actual cam...

also even more than two cams are on my mind... my current cam jumps on for recording short after the incident so i see only the time of the hit or even only the scene when the car which hits me is leaving... but it should be enough as i just need to see the licence plate. The rest is the job of the police / lawyer

At the moment its only this front cam with 140 degrees angle and a rea cam will be added soon with another 140 degrees... currently i am still in the desicion phase if i stay with nextbase or look for another brand.

I will do some more tests and reviews of video material.

The good joke about the man with the ak is good especially when parking in some areas :-D

Hallo,
was @M8TJT sagte, ist völlig richtig. Die Kräfte, die Sie auf das Auto ausüben, sind nicht stark genug, um den G-Sensor zu aktivieren. Wenn Sie Ihre Tür schließen, wird der Sensor aktiviert und die Aufzeichnungen beginnen. Dies zeigt, dass der Parkmodus funktioniert. Die Art von Auslöser, bei der der Sensor aktiviert werden müsste, wäre eine plötzliche Bewegung gegen Ihr Auto. Abgesehen vom Schließen einer Tür kann ich keine nicht-invasiven Schritte empfehlen.

Wenn der Parkmodus aktiviert war, wurde die Vorderansicht nach der Kollision aufgezeichnet, jedoch kein vorheriges Filmmaterial. Wir haben keine Bewegungssensoren an unseren Dash Cams, da dies die Batterie an der Dash Cam entladen würde.

Ich hoffe diese Mitteilung hilft Ihnen weiter.

Grüße,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi there,

What M8TJT said is completely correct. The forces you are applying to the car are not substantial enough to cause the G-Sensor to activate. When you close your door, the sensor is activated and the recordings start. This shows that Parking Mode is working. The kind of trigger that would require the sensor to be activated would be sudden movement against your car, and apart from closing a door, there is nothing that I can recommend against your vehicle to replicate this without damaging your car.

If Parking Mode was triggered it'd record the front view after the collision, but no prior footage. We do not have Movement Sensors on our Dash Cams as it'd drain the battery on the Dash Cam.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back