Issues with start-up.

Chas0039

Reaction score
Country
United States
My VIOFO A119 V3 is barely a week old and half the time, when I start the car, it doesn't turn on, no LED. I happens after it has been sitting overnight or all day, temp is 40-60°F. I've done a few things and eventually it turns on and I suspect the ACC. converter, the cord, or the GPS module. It never shuts off after starting, and never fails to turn on after it has powered up the first time, so I suspect some sort of bad connection or infrequent issue with the power converter.

I'll be going through the standard debugging. First change the converter, then the cord, then bypass the GPS connection, along with a different ACC. socket. Anyone have this experience or other suggestions?
Thanks

Failure to start recording are often related to power source, so make good sense to try something else.
At home testing / examining dashcams on the computer table i use a mains USB charger from a old phone as power source

You can of course also have a bad PSU from the factory, but it is rare we hear about that happening, but it is of course a possibility.
Often people will use some USB charger as they need ports for other things in the car too, this is also alright but the charger need to be a quality one, i have a couple of these myself in the car and they have worked just fine so far even with dual channel systems.
But in general i do use the provided power source as it too is something i must test when people send me free stuff.

This usually happens if you have hk3 and when both wires ( red and yellow ) are connected to acc.

Failure to start recording are often related to power source, so make good sense to try something else.
At home testing / examining dashcams on the computer table i use a mains USB charger from a old phone as power source

You can of course also have a bad PSU from the factory, but it is rare we hear about that happening, but it is of course a possibility.
Often people will use some USB charger as they need ports for other things in the car too, this is also alright but the charger need to be a quality one, i have a couple of these myself in the car and they have worked just fine so far even with dual channel systems.
But in general i do use the provided power source as it too is something i must test when people send me free stuff.
Thanks. It only fails in the car with the VIOFO adapter and I have nothing else plugged in. I'll be trying a different adapter also designed for a dash cam. It has a light that indicates power so I can eliminate anything in the car. We'll see.

Yeah giving boot delay a spin is also worth a try.

Have you tried the boot delay?
Just changed it tonight so I'll see what happens tomorrow. I don't think it's relevant as, when working normally, the LED comes on and then boots normally or delayed. When mine doesn't work, there's no LED at all. On the good side, that eliminates almost anything in the device its self. So it almost has to be no power getting to the camera. Unfortunately, it will take awhile as it's intermitten and I can only change one variable at a time.

What card are you using ?

What card are you using ?
Samsung Pro Endurance. The problem was there with other cards as well. Tried again this morning and it wouldn't turn on until I pulled the USB plug out and back in at that converter. Tomorrow, I'll switch the converter and see.

Converter ? Is that a mobile phone mains USB adapter ?

If so, make sure it's a 2A one as some of the lower 1A or 1.xA ones don't have enough kick.

The only other things to check is that the card is formatted to FAT32 and press the reset button/hole so you're starting from scratch.

Converter ? Is that a mobile phone mains USB adapter ?

If so, make sure it's a 2A one as some of the lower 1A or 1.xA ones don't have enough kick.

The only other things to check is that the card is formatted to FAT32 and press the reset button/hole so you're starting from scratch.
When I say converter I'm referring to the plug that goes into the ACC socket ( used to be cigarette lighter) and converts the 12 volt to USB 5 volt. It came with the camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
firefighterdude A119 V3 26
Agie A119 V3 5
C A119 V3 19
T A119 V3 5
Matt-HGR A119 V3 10
Back