Issues with Street Guardian Pro.... Help please!

SoCalDriver

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is partly my fault for not reviewing footage until now....... I installed the Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO with the secondary camera SGR291CAM back around May of this year. I've installed many dash cams before and previously used a Mini 801. I just sold my daily driver which had the cam to Carmax a few days ago and planned to install the camera in my new truck. But only now with the camera uninstalled from my old car decided to pop the micro SD card into the computer and review footage. Something weird is going on.... I have recording time set to record 5 minute loops but almost all of my clips for the front and back camera are 30 seconds. What's odd is it seems when the car is just started and sitting idle it will record a full 5 minute clip. But as soon as you move the car it flips to 30 seconds and what's worse is there is a huge gap in time of 30 to 60 seconds which are just not recorded! I'm using the transcend 128gb card that came with the camera so I don't think that would be the issue but maybe it is.... very disappointed as I had high hopes for this being a premium dash cam. I haven't been on the forums for awhile but hoping someone here can help. Another weird thing is the camera would randomly beep from time to time which seemed odd but I just figured maybe I hit a bump and the sensor was saving a file....?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.14.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.14.44 AM.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 9
It sounds like a bad memory card.
What brand / color / size memory card came bundled with your camera? We had a recall on transcend cards but you might have slipped through the cracks. You’ll get short video clips and hear beeps while driving if there is a card error. We only use Sandisk High Endurance U3 and Samsung EVO U3 cards today for USA bundles.
What power supply are you using?
What firmware version is currently on the camera?

I re-read you’re post looks like you have one of the bad Transcend cards.

Please private message or email us with your order number and best shipping Address we’ll swap it out.
(Include e-mail if sending PM)

It sounds like a bad memory card.
What brand / color / size memory card came bundled with your camera? We had a recall on transcend cards but you might have slipped through the cracks. You’ll get short video clips and hear beeps while driving if there is a card error. We only use Sandisk High Endurance U3 and Samsung EVO U3 cards today for USA bundles.
What power supply are you using?
What firmware version is currently on the camera?

I'm using a silver Transcend 128gb card. It's the one that came with it. Here's a picture...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.26.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 1.26.52 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
I re-read you’re post looks like you have one of the bad Transcend cards.

Please private message or email us with your order number and best shipping Address we’ll swap it out.
(Include e-mail if sending PM)

Thanks! I'll send the PM with the details now!

Got your PM , We’ll ship out a 128GB Sandisk High Endurance U3 card when we’re at the office in the morning. A prepaid envelope will be included to return the Transcend card to our USA office. You’ll receive an email confirmation as well.

And yes was a known issue:

Well I'm glad it's just a card and not a real problem with the camera.
we'd still be looking after you just the same if it was a camera problem, it's a known issue with the card you have though, unfortunately we don't have details on who got cameras with those cards so sometimes we haven't found out until later on, just fortunate you came looking for help before you had something happen so at least we can get you back up and running quickly

we'd still be looking after you just the same if it was a camera problem, it's a known issue with the card you have though, unfortunately we don't have details on who got cameras with those cards so sometimes we haven't found out until later on, just fortunate you came looking for help before you had something happen so at least we can get you back up and running quickly

Thanks for your help!! I think I'm going to buy the kit for hard wiring up the camera off amazon later.

Back