Issues with the power cable

Newbee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any issues with the power cable in Viofo A119 V3?

The cable sometimes loses breaks power in certain angles. I suspect I got a faulty power cable.

either a bad cable, faulty gps adapter contact or a faulty power port in the camera. But should rule out a bad cable first. Do you connect power straight to the camera or do you plug it to the GPS adapter? If plugged to the GPS mount, then try connecting directly to the camera or vise versa and see what happens.

I have tried connecting to both GPS mount and camera directly. They both have the same issues. So I concluded that this could be the power cable.

I have tried connecting to both GPS mount and camera directly. They both have the same issues. So I concluded that this could be the power cable.
based on that, I would think so too.

Over the years I've encountered similar issues with cables. Occasionally, I've indeed had a bad cable but not always.

Before giving up on your present cable and concluding it has failed try a good quality contact cleaner/enhancer. Use it on the cable plugs AND the camera/charger ports. This can often completely cure intermittant connection issues like this.

Periodically, I treat all dash cam connections to prevent problems and recommend this practice to everyone.

Any good contact cleaner should work but I highly recommend DeoxIT D5 from Caig Labs. Their other products are worth exploring as well but D5 is what you want for a situation like this.

https://caig.com/deoxit-d-series/

deoxit.jpg

Last edited:
I am not going to buy a contact cleaner as the cable is brand new. I am not sure how to request a new cable from Viofo.

I am not going to buy a contact cleaner as the cable is brand new. I am not sure how to request a new cable from Viofo.

Even a brand new cable can benefit from a contact cleaner/enhancer because oxidation can occur at any time, even when a new camera (or cable) is in storage or shipping. And as I mentioned, the problem could be in one of the ports rather than the cable. Contact cleaner in an instance like this can be merely part of the troubleshooting process. But hey, it's certainly your choice to replace a cable you may not actually have to if you wish.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
firefighterdude A119 V3 26
Agie A119 V3 5
C A119 V3 19
T A119 V3 5
Matt-HGR A119 V3 10
Back