Issues

Theweekend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just inatalled a blackvue power magic box to a bmw. 12.5V and 12 hours

1. First all was working well, after car fully shut down, two ddpai went into parking mode BUT when i unlock the car the cameras both shut off and dont turn back on untill i have started the car (20 second delay) is this normal?

2. Now car turned off, camera shuts of straight away..so turned car back on waited for cameras to start then turned back of ( this time stayed on) went back to car to see if parking mode active and both cameras off?

Looked in boot and magic box green light is off

Anyone come across this?

As I understand the operation.. the PMP has "nothing" to do with parking mode. Parking mode is entirely activated by the lack of movement of the camera. If your PMP is turning off (green light off) then that implies the power connection is wrong. Confirm the presence of power with a multi meter.. which.. can be tricky on some of the newer cars that have electronically activated circuits.. merely opening the door for example activates some circuits. Or.. you have tied into a circuit that has leakage detection.. and to save the battery the circuit opens if an unregistered load is detected..

Connecting a PMP to a BMW evidently has caused much grief as evident in many posts.

Thanks for the responce. Ive messed about with it and seems to be working now,

Checked with a tester what circuits stay on so all wired correctly,

Changed the cut of from 12.5 to 12,

Registers about 14v when cars on
12.5 when cars of

Seems to ok touch wood

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Power Magic Pro / EZ / Parking Mode 22
Back