It arrived!

gordon451

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ummm... For those who weren't here: On 16 December 2012, I ordered an Itronics ITB-100HD from "thebestservice4you" on eBay. He slugged me US$169.99, free postage and tracking number.

Anyway, it arrived yesterday (Friday 4 January), after an uneventful trackable trip from his warehouse to the airport at Incheon, where it disappeared from the face of the Earth on 20 December. It reappeared from the back of an Australia Post Courier van... I had tried to track this parcel since 20 December, but (get this): mere mortals are not allowed to track incoming overseas parcels through the AusPost website! We have to ring an AusPost number and ask for its location! A-a-a-n-nd, Australia Post does not give that information on their website!

Still, I can't complain too much -- we do have telephones here! I just lo-o-o-ve living in this advanced country! Now I see the penalty for living in el cheapo SE Asian countries like Korea: you get to have unnecessary luxuries like parcel tracking :( And actually making hi-tech electronic devices :evil:

OK, first impressions: Korean software. Oops. I could have gone to a different vendor. Never mind. Found acceptable software on this site, and at another forum for radar detectors. Installation was a breeze: just make sure the unit is LEVEL before you stick it :lol: It's OK, I got it. Small panel disassembly at passenger door, remove glove box and now I have to open the power point/ashtray console. At the moment I have a foot of wire visible and plugged permanently into a splitter, but that will change.

This unit really is as good as people have said! I was not expecting Cinerama quality (which was wise) but I was surprised at how good the videos are. And the remote/offline setup through the Player app is quite clever.

My thanks to DashCamMan for his advice.

Gordon.

Hi Gordon,

Glad you are happy with the purchase. It really is a well-rounded dash cam. Picture quality is more than adequate, the small size, GPS, parking mode and simplicity make it a decent buy for the price.

I also recently purchased this cam, and this site was a great resource. Thanks for all the great info. And thanks to those of you who have provided feedback on their purchases as well.

I purchased from ebay. Vendor's name was Apple CT and they were great. I recieved the item in 5 days.

Congrats on the purchase Trollcifer. Glad the site could help.

Back