It is finally time.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
So took a look on my trusty old Mobius camera, and it seem it are no longer so trusty and just seem to stop recording in the "middle" of drives.
I have just looked over the memory card and it seem to be just fine, but on a short drive today it did not record the last 7-8 minutes of the drive, but after doing a little shopping it recorded my 1 minute drive home just fine.
Looking at card content it seem to always be in the latter part of drive sessions the error occur.

So seem like i will have to do something in regard to side cameras soon, probably move the K2S test sample to those windows.
I do have the B1W of course but it have a RCT issue so not really something i am willing to bet on.

Failing to record longer drives seems like an unusual error. I can't think of a reason why that would happen, on a Mobius or any other camera.

What do you mean by "RCT issue"?

Try re-flashing the firmware. Worth a try just to see what happens even if you decide to take it out of service.

I was getting the same thing but a different card cured mine. Oddly that card tested 100% and works fine in other cams so I think my issue was partly heat-related as the other cams are better shaded from direct sun. It was one of my oldest cards. I really didn't test for long with the swapped card, about a week later I gave up the "Mad-Max" mount spot to the N2 Pro. Haven't had time to play with Mobius since then :( I thought it might be my old and extended cabling but that is all running the N2 Pro just fine and that one draws more current than Mobius.

Phil

The battery keeping the camera timer going, i can sync to the phone, but next day the B1W are back on default date/time.
Yes for starters i have put another memory card in the mobius, will be keeping a close tap on it in the days to come.

It have served me well and its footage are still excellent.

Also just gave up on sleeping a little before the race in Australia, "my" boy and his haas teammate seem to have qualified well, so lets hope they can improve on that during the race.

Yeat RTC,,,,, only just saw that,,,,, i am tired alright, but the brain just wont shut up so after 1 hour or so in the bad here i am again in front of the computer with 4 hours to the race kick off.
And i am going to do laundry after than

The battery keeping the camera timer going, i can sync to the phone, but next day the B1W are back on default date/time.
I'm about to re-install a B1W in my car. Thanks for the reminder - mine lose their time memory too.

Yeat RTC,,,,, only just saw that,,,,, i am tired alright, but the brain just wont shut up so after 1 hour or so in the bad here i am again in front of the computer with 4 hours to the race kick off.
And i am going to do laundry after than
I've only just finished watching quali highlights. I'll be up this time tomorrow watching the race. I'm not paying to watch it live.

There are something here called RCT Jutland, its a non politic Rehabilitation Center for Torture victims, RCT could also be Randon Controlled Trial

I have to watch race live, and on German TV, here its pay and i am not able to go there technically or will to pay in general.
But its okay i do fine with German and mostly i have the sound muted as German commenters are as stupid to listen to as Danish motorsport commenters.

I remember once watching F1 on a Danish channel, and some car "wrecked" and had a rear tire almost coming off the rim, and one of the commenters said " i think he are heading for the pit"

I just assume so, but the same i figure could also run off the capacitors.
It worked just fine for a long while with my driving every 2 days or so routine, but now it just have to sit overnight like 10 - 12 hours and it is back to default.
Anyway i dont think there are much more i / we can do for the B1W as i think its fair to say it is firmly launched.

So does it have an RTC capacitor?
I've never looked inside one but I suspect they are just using residual power from the capacitors (similar to Mobius 1 when using caps) to keep the clock rather than a dedicated supply, I would think the product was originally designed to use a battery rather than capacitors

Anyway i dont think there are much more i / we can do for the B1W as i think its fair to say it is firmly launched.
B2W on the way!

Yes it seem something new are in the pipeline, will be interesting to see if they can 1 up the B1W which i do think have been a little success story.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MedicalFlyer Mobius 3
Exoth3rm Mobius 4
atomicorion Mobius 9
Back