It is with great sadness...

DashcamDPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 Pro, Mio Mivue 508 for the work van
I have taken a deposit from someone today who will be back on Tuesday with the remaining balance for the sale of my car.

Sold due to me just not needing a car anymore, and while I wanted to keep it, and genuinely had no issues with affording it, I just couldn't justify the cost since my yearly commute had dropped to below 4000 miles. The car is a diesel I had for 6 years and I absolutely loved it, how it looks, how it drives, and the average of 550 miles from a full tank of fuel. But as it is, it's a pile of money sat on the drive being taxed and insured and rarely used.

I really don't know whether or not I'm buying another car, but I still have use of a van for work so who knows, the occasional dashcam clip might surface if its interesting enough!

Must feel like losing a pet...

Stay strong - and get that van used!

My sister told me yesterday that she will probably sell her Ford Focus too, and i sort of get it now that she have moved to the big city ( Aarhus ) and her new job are in the west end of town within bus route reach.
Personally i will never be without a car again, no matter where i get to live in the future, the car are far too meshed up in m life and what i feel freedom are, and i take my freedom very serious.
I never liked driving in a bus. I tell myself then and now that it was becuz i was stoned i dident like it, but today and being clean i am sure i would dislike it just as much.
At least not a Danish bus, my feeling towards other people and crowds are very different when i am in another country, and a plane on the way to another country are also just fine,even if its Denmark i am heading back to and most of the people in the plane are Danish.

To be honest I don't think I'll have any regrets about selling it, I would often get bored of cars and sell them on within 2 years so to keep this one for 6 years was quite the achievement but I think the car's reached the end of it's tenure with me and I'm more than ready to let it go, even though just 12 months ago if I'd put it up for sale I'd have been less happy about it going!

My working hours mean if I do need to get the bus, it isn't along side the less desirable people (noisy school kids and stinky people) so it's not all bad!

I saw this with some sadness too- your contributions to DCT have always been an asset here (y)

It is often hard to make a wise decision regarding things we like or enjoy, yet that is the correct thing to do. My work and current lifestyle requires a vehicle and I love the freedom of driving but the time will come for all of us when we will need to deeply consider not driving anymore, hopefully making an equally wise decision for ourselves.

Phil

Back