ITB-100 HP SP - 'SD Card Error' with all cards

notfub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750 + Cellink B, F200 Pro + IVolt BAB-50
I've had the ITB-100 HP SP installed in my wife's car for a few years now. Had the usual SD Card Error voice message recently which usually means the cards need reformatting or replacing. Several reformat attempts attempted without success. So tried the Lexar cards from my Panorama, no joy with these either despite several format attempts. Last option was a brand new card so I threw in a 32GB sandisk 'high endurance', sdsdqq-032g-g46a card. All I keep getting is the SD Card Error voice message.

Thinking it's time to bin the Itronics?

Appreciate this is an old device but any thoughts on rescuing it would be gratefully received :)

Thanks,
Dean

Try factory resetting the device as well as reformatting the card?

Thanks for the quick reply Hoon Fart, I've re-read the manual and cannot see how to factory reset?

Formatting the card in the cam is "hold the mic button for 5 seconds" and wait for the "beep". I've not done this while powering up so I'll give it a go. Thanks Hoon Fart. ;)

Ok so I've restarted the cam with my finger held on the mic button.......with the original full size SD Card. No noises from the cam until it says it's formatting the card. Release button, card format complete message....then....back in the game. Seems the original card is working.
Next try the new micro SD card in the full size adapter. Go through exactly the same start procedure above only to get the SD Card error again. Tried a different adaptor, same result.

I suppose I should be happy in that the cam still works with the original full size SD card. No joy at all with the three adaptors I've got, with 2 x lexar and 1 x sandisk micro SD cards.

I'll buy a full size SD card and see how I get on.

@Hoon Fart, Many thanks for your help. No idea if the mic button hold + power up is a factory reset but at least your suggestion prompted me to go back to the original supplied SD card. :)

Back