ITB-100HD - 12 Mbps bitrate mod

Any feedback on this? How is the long term use of it, anyone had anymore beeping. Are there any glitches on it? I have modded mine but drive my car very rarely and would like to know if there is any long term issues with the mod.
Feed back from a few different users would be appreciated.

32g Class 10 with new mod can take about 7:21 hours video (1080p/24fps", without bitrate.txt ). Select all video files in Explorer *.avi then (right mouse button) > Properties > Details

My feedback can be ignored because I've could not format the card on PC (trouble with card reader) Only removed all old files and put firmware on it. I've had problem with four beeps (two long and two sort ) today one per minute?, after last video was deleted?Not old long beeping with felled up card.

My 8gb card is gone. Need one to buy to test it. But who will take one 8 Gb today :) I will test it with new formatted card and give feedback on this in one week.
But I think you can safely flash the cam. Tank you. Sorry for my English.

upload_2014-1-24_21-27-56.png

Last edited:
@ ansi3k, thanks for taking the time to feedback. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I've spent the last few days writing and testing a script to delete the oldest video file when the free disk space falls below 150 Mb. This seems to have fixed the beeping issue that I was having when the SD card became full.

I have uploaded the modded firmware here:
http://rapidshare.com/share/C9E5F6019B83D16140B12C43CC5E70BB

Be sure to use a freshly formatted card, as my script builds an index.txt file as the video files are written, and uses that file to determine the oldest video. Also, my script will delete the oldest video files regardless of the event, parking and normal video recording ratios set by the PC Player software.

As an additional feature, I've also added the ability for the bitrate to be customized by creating a "bitrate.txt" file within the Setup folder, and typing the desired bitrate into the file eg 8000000 for 8Mbps, 10000000 for 10Mbps etc. You don't need to create the file if you just want to use the default 12mbps bitrate.

Enjoy and be sure to post about success or any problems you may have.

Removing files from the sd card doesn't works. The Card has an index.txt file with entries like
20140125_195212
20140125_195312
20140125_195412
20140125_195512
20140125_195612

but becomes full. All what you have are errors beeps like ones you have with damaged card. It is 440 files (ca 70mb, 32Gb SD card) and 07:19 hours recording with 1008p/25.

ansi3k, does your camera still beep after it is restarted, and does it still continue to record while beeping or does it stop recording completely? Also, if you have event recording enabled, could you check if the timestamps for those files appear in the index.txt file. Additionally does the card still have free space on it when it beeps, or is it completely full (0 bytes free)?

ansi3k, does your camera still beep after it is restarted, and does it still continue to record while beeping or does it stop recording completely? Also, if you have event recording enabled, could you check if the timestamps for those files appear in the index.txt file. Additionally does the card still have free space on it when it beeps, or is it completely full (0 bytes free)?

First of all thank you for your time.

It is not full, 202.768.384 byts are free now. Power cycle the cam doesn't helps. Error beeps are still here after reboot. The timestamps are okay. I have the files on the card with the same names:

inderx.txt > 20140125_195412

rec_20140125_195412.avi
rec_20140125_195412.dat

I've extracted the your moded firmware. Your script looks excellent, but I cat find crontab in itb100_fw. Is it in uImage_itronics_FHDBB? I can't extract kernel image :(

I've extracted the your moded firmware. Your script looks excellent, but I cat find crontab in itb100_fw. Is it in uImage_itronics_FHDBB? I can't extract kernel image :(

I'm not sure why you're trying to find crontab in the firmware? My script (recycler.sh) just uses the stderr output of the Appro_avi binary.

Perhaps you can try lowering the bitrate back to default 7Mbps (7000000) through the bitrate.txt file to see if that helps. If it does, then increase it until just before it beeps again.

If that dosen't work, then you could try reflashing the stock 2.1 firmware, and running it for a few minutes, and then manually delete the new video files and reflash the modded 2.1 firmware. I noticed when I was testing different bitrate settings with my camera, it would sometimes only create a 2mb file before beeping, even when set back to the default bitrate. Only a reflash fixed it, maybe something similar happened to your camera?

I'm not sure why you're trying to find crontab in the firmware? My script (recycler.sh) just uses the stderr output of the Appro_avi binary.

Perhaps you can try lowering the bitrate back to default 7Mbps (7000000) through the bitrate.txt file to see if that helps. If it does, then increase it until just before it beeps again.

If that dosen't work, then you could try reflashing the stock 2.1 firmware, and running it for a few minutes, and then manually delete the new video files and reflash the modded 2.1 firmware. I noticed when I was testing different bitrate settings with my camera, it would sometimes only create a 2mb file before beeping, even when set back to the default bitrate. Only a reflash fixed it, maybe something similar happened to your camera?

I've accidentally put wrong card with 2.2 firmware in to the cam :) Terrible quality I would say. I would not try to downgrade the cam firmware. It is too risky I think.

I see crontab in the new firmware "soft linked" to busybox under cramfs (If we can call that as linking in the FAT). Here are av_server and Appro_avi_save too in the itb100_fw\ipnc. Must it be patched to have 12 mb/s working or we should take Appro_avi from 2.1? Maybe it will not be 2.2 then.

I will try to make crond working for it, J4F :)

Last edited:
Back