ITB-100HD from thebohemianfnm

ExMet

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Itronics ITB-100HD
I purchased my camera from thebohemianfnm on ebay on 08/Nov/12.
I paid $178 USD. The price was not the lowest but that seller advertised free warranty so I opted for that.
Now I see that the price has dropped to $170.99 and the "Free Warranty" has been replaced with "60 day guarantee". I will contact the seller for clarification.
The camera arrived on 23/Nov/12. It was well packed and the package appeared un-tampered with, although the seals are not the kind that really prevent tampering.
Everything was in the box.
I installed the camera (pictures of installation to come later) and tested it out at 1080p during the evening and night.
The video quality is very good (evening and night) but I can't make out the license plate numbers of the parked cars I pass. My wife was very impressed with the quality as she was expecting something like the online crash videos I show her but she was less impressed when I told her how much I paid for the camera.
The sound is very muffled. I need to test it out some more. I had planned to not record sound anyway but now I think it's good to have.
I was unaware that it records multiple clips instead of a continuous one. That makes sense but is slightly annoying.
I'm a little worried that that the camera itself will attract vandals/thieves. I may cover the "Full HD 1080P" sticker on the front of it.
I'll post pics and more thoughts later.

Images of the camera installed:
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4682.jpg

Driver view:
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4683.jpg

View from below:
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4684.jpg

Temporary routing (no clips yet):
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4685.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4689.jpg

Remaining cable slack:
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4686.jpg

Theft magnet?:
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s139_kurrajong_DSC_4693.jpg

Hi ExMet,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with thebohemianfnm. The more info we can get on these vendors, the better since we can tell who is reputable and who is not. Glad it worked out well.

As for the install, the power cable is going under the gauges. Is the wire too short to go under the dash (below the steering wheel)? That might make the install a bit "cleaner". I think black tape over the FullHD 1080p is necessary to make it more covert and minimize the risk of theft. As for the price, just tell your wife it was between this or the $300+ FineVu CR-500HD so you actually saved some money ;)

Dash Cam Man

The cable is long enough to go under the steering wheel but since I haven't installed the cable-ties yet, the cable hangs and touches my knees so for now I'll keep it over the steering wheel.
I sent an email to thebohemianfnm (the seller) this afternoon and he/she replied already:
Dear my valuable customer
Of course warranty is 1 year and you dont need to register for your warranty
I have all record of my customer
I mean I will change for free shipping within 60days if someone has some problem with my item but after 60 days the customer have to one way shipping when they send the broken blackbox so that after as service I will send the item to customer for free
Do not worry about my items and have a good day
hope to be happy with my items
I mask the "logo" tomorrow.

ExMet said:
The cable is long enough to go under the steering wheel but since I haven't installed the cable-ties yet, the cable hangs and touches my knees so for now I'll keep it over the steering wheel.
I sent an email to thebohemianfnm (the seller) this afternoon and he/she replied already:
Dear my valuable customer
Of course warranty is 1 year and you dont need to register for your warranty
I have all record of my customer
I mean I will change for free shipping within 60days if someone has some problem with my item but after 60 days the customer have to one way shipping when they send the broken blackbox so that after as service I will send the item to customer for free
Do not worry about my items and have a good day
hope to be happy with my items
I mask the "logo" tomorrow.

Hi ExMet,

That makes sense now on the install. Lets just hope there is no need to use the warranty.

Dash Cam Man

I had to use my gps the other day and because the front power socket was occupied by the camera, I had to connect my gps cable to the socket in the arm-rest. I was not pleased with the cables all over the place.
I want to connect my camera (and maybe my gps) directly to my fuse-box. Is there a better place to connect the camera to?
How do I access the fuses without having to have the panel cover open?
How do I connect the power cable? Do I have to snip off the socket adapter?

Thanks.

ExMet said:
I had to use my gps the other day and because the front power socket was occupied by the camera, I had to connect my gps cable to the socket in the arm-rest. I was not pleased with the cables all over the place.
I want to connect my camera (and maybe my gps) directly to my fuse-box. Is there a better place to connect the camera to?
How do I access the fuses without having to have the panel cover open?
How do I connect the power cable? Do I have to snip off the socket adapter?

Thanks.

Hi ExMet,

You have a few options. Hardwire into the fuse box as described on our BlackVue page. Usually you can access the fuse box from under the dash as well without leaving the panel open but I guess it depends on the car. You can snip off the socket adapter or purchase a cigarette lighter barrel connector as described in the link above.

Another option to avoid hardwiring the cam is to get socket extender like this or this.

Dash Cam Man

Back