ITB-100HD SP - new 1.3 firmware & viewer 1.4.0 - english 12Mbs mod - plus turn off front LED option

The X

Reaction score
Country
Australia
New software viewer is available V1.40
Only a couple of new options I've noticed since V1.3.9

New firmware release 1.3 includes the ability to turn off the front LED completely (one of my biggest annoyances) or leave (standard) fade in/fade out blink style or simple blink style.

Viewer has a new "parking Mode Entry Level" option - Insensitive, Normal, Sensitive. - I can only guess this a knob to allow the cam to enter/exit "parking mode" recording with less delay.

Anyway, I've upped the ITB-100HD SP v1.3 firmware with english sound files and 12Mbps mod.

http://gw.mindlost.net/itronics/itb100spfw-v1.3-english-12mbps.zip

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the same thing is possible for the new 100-SPW? The slow factory bitrate has made me apprehensive about buying that newer model over my current 100-HD SP.

Anyway, I've upped the ITB-100HD SP v1.3 firmware with english sound files and 12 Mbps mod.

Thanks for posting this updated firmware. I recently purchased a brand new ITB-100HD SP and it came out of the box with f/w 1.0. Not sure if its old stock or not, but no matter, I've successfully updated the unit to this firmware version immediately.

Quick question regarding the 12 Mbps mode - does make the processor inside the unit work "harder"? The reason why I ask is because I went for a "maiden voyage" test drive with the unit at night and the body of the camera felt warm to touch after a 5 minute lap around the suburb. I've got no programming background, so I'm wondering if the 12 Mbps mod is some kind of "overclocking" technique to improve the recording in low level lighting, and has the side effect of generating more heat.

Sorry if these questions don't make any sense, but I'm not up to speed with the inner workings of a dash cam.

Thanks in anticipation.

Does anybody have the issue of the ITB-100HD SP's recordings being freezed in one frame, just like taking a still picture? That is, for every minute of the video file, it shows only a freezed frame instead of video recording. I'm using the official v1.3 firmware from itronics.

Hi WeeWee,
No, I have not noticed this. I assume you are using the software view v1.40 and that your SD card is indeed a Class 10 card. Try reformatting the SD card to see if any new files will play back correctly.

Yes. I'm using the latest player and tried at least 2 different cards. My friend also faced this issue and he downgraded the firmware and does not have this issue thereafter. Or maybe I should downgrade my firmware also.

Do let us know whether the firmware downgrade is successful or otherwise.

Upgrade to MOD firmware, the saved file size becomes larger than the stock firmware saved file.
Downgrade is OK, success and safe, now it's on stock firmware.

However, please let me know how to change date and time in this Camera. My date/time is wrong, but I don't know how to change it.
Thanks in advance

I realised the official version 1.3 currently on the itronics website is different from the 1.3 I downloaded earlier when it was just released in terms of file size. After re-downloading and re-installing this official 1.3, my frame freeze problem is gone.

New software viewer is available V1.40
Only a couple of new options I've noticed since V1.3.9

New firmware release 1.3 includes the ability to turn off the front LED completely (one of my biggest annoyances) or leave (standard) fade in/fade out blink style or simple blink style.

Viewer has a new "parking Mode Entry Level" option - Insensitive, Normal, Sensitive. - I can only guess this a knob to allow the cam to enter/exit "parking mode" recording with less delay.

Anyway, I've upped the ITB-100HD SP v1.3 firmware with english sound files and 12Mbps mod.

Could you please to share the ITB-100HD SP v1.3 firmware with only english sound file, 6Mbps mod ?
Because the saving files of the 12Mbps firmware are large, they use lots of storage.
Much appreciated.

Upgrade to MOD firmware, the saved file size becomes larger than the stock firmware saved file.
Downgrade is OK, success and safe, now it's on stock firmware.

However, please let me know how to change date and time in this Camera. My date/time is wrong, but I don't know how to change it.
Thanks in advance

Solution: After 1 day working, the time/date is sync-ed with the GPS time zone. No worries any more.

I realised the official version 1.3 currently on the itronics website is different from the 1.3 I downloaded earlier when it was just released in terms of file size. After re-downloading and re-installing this official 1.3, my frame freeze problem is gone.

So is the 1.3 patched fw buggy or is it okay?

Yes, I realize that. I was wondering if the patched firmware was working.

And yes there's a 1.5 FW out now. Also hoping someone will patch it....

May I use 64GB memory SD card? is it supported?

Yes, I realize that. I was wondering if the patched firmware was working.

And yes there's a 1.5 FW out now. Also hoping someone will patch it....

i'm currently running Ver 1.3 english....If i download the 1.5 and install, will it go back to Korean??

Also, does anyone know what updates Ver. 1.5 includes?

Main change in Ver 1.5

-Add new custom features: motion detection zone

Back