ITB-100HD vs F500LHD

ExMet

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Itronics ITB-100HD
Hi,

I am looking into getting my first dash cam. I am considering the ITB-100HD and the F500LHD.
Both seem to have great daytime quality and the nighttime quality of the F500LHD seems almost as good as the ITB-100HD (although I do wish both had better nighttime quality).
The ITB seems more compact than the F500 and also has GPS. What exactly is the GPS capability? I haven't seen any info on the videos to indicate that the camera knows where it is. What is the advantage of having GPS capability?
Also, what does "G-Sensor" mean? I thought the camera was recording continuously so if there's an event, that should get captured. What does the G-Sensor do and how does it record an event based on an impact?
The F500 is listed as recording in MOV format but there is no detail for the ITB format, only a link to a player. Does the ITB require it's own player for the videos to be viewed on a computer?

Thanks.

ExMet said:
Hi,

I am looking into getting my first dash cam. I am considering the ITB-100HD and the F500LHD.
Both seem to have great daytime quality and the nighttime quality of the F500LHD seems almost as good as the ITB-100HD (although I do wish both had better nighttime quality).
The ITB seems more compact than the F500 and also has GPS. What exactly is the GPS capability? I haven't seen any info on the videos to indicate that the camera knows where it is. What is the advantage of having GPS capability?
Also, what does "G-Sensor" mean? I thought the camera was recording continuously so if there's an event, that should get captured. What does the G-Sensor do and how does it record an event based on an impact?
The F500 is listed as recording in MOV format but there is no detail for the ITB format, only a link to a player. Does the ITB require it's own player for the videos to be viewed on a computer?

Thanks.

Hi ExMet,

If you watch more videos at night of the F500LHD, you will see that the picture can be grainy. The ITB-100HD performs better particularly in lower lit situations.

GPS just tracks where you were going and plots the speed. When viewing the video, you can see the route on Google maps. Could be useful if you lend out your car to your kids. Or perhaps if you get a speeding ticket and you weren't speeding, you could use the video with the speed stamp as evidence.

The G-sensor typically will record an event when a shock occurs. This prevents the files from being overwritten. Also when used in parking mode, if a shock is felt by the G-sensor, it will start recording.

ITB-100HD records in AVI format and the video files can be viewed with any player that supports this format. You can also use the ITB-100HD software.

Dash Cam Man

Thank you for your reply.
I think I'll go ahead and purchase the ITB-100HD.

Back