ITC-80 and Hard Wiring

Cardigan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Attached here is the instructions for wiring the ITV-80.
(a) Voltage: My car has a 12v battery, I thought all car batteries were 12v so why is there a choice of 11.8 etc and what's all that truck bus business?
(b) Time: I thought the whole point of this device was that the camera remained active whilst parked to record an event if the vehicle was moved and the device was a fail safe to deactivate if the battery went low . . . . . so why would you want to deactivate it after a certain time period?

2. After installing the ITV-80 the cam is still powered via the cig lighter, is there anything anywhere to give me some guidance on hard wiring the devive into the fuse box (Audi Q5)?

TIA

Attachments

• ITV-80.PNG
    ITV-80.PNG
    654.6 KB · Views: 138
You can read more about Battery Discharge Prevention Devices here. You can select the voltage between 11.6V to 12.2V. A fully charged car battery is about 12.5V. I suggest 12.2V since you don't want to deep cycle your battery too much. Cars and buses use a 24V battery. Just ignore that in your case. They probably put a time max to prevent extreme deep cycling of the battery.

Youtube has many videos on how to hardwire a dash cam.

DashCamMan said:
You can read more about Battery Discharge Prevention Devices here. You can select the voltage between 11.6V to 12.2V. A fully charged car battery is about 12.5V. I suggest 12.2V since you don't want to deep cycle your battery too much. Cars and buses use a 24V battery. Just ignore that in your case. They probably put a time max to prevent extreme deep cycling of the battery.

Youtube has many videos on how to hardwire a dash cam.

Thanks for those links.

Back