iTracker mini0806 vs. DOD LS460W?

Speed_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Has anyone been able to compare these in real life? Wondering which one should I get in order to get better video quality and overall quality aswell? Thanks!

I'd hang fire on the 0806 until the issues start dropping off - just look at the posts here today about focus issues on there.

The LS460W does indeed have focus drift in heat, the guys with the latest versions like @Tom Butler and @Saar21 seemed happy with them though. We're in winter here so there's nothing to really push them. The footage I had from mine was very good though when in focus but I went through two before giving up on that camera.

If you're not in a mad rush it may be worth hanging on a few weeks before actually ordering the 0806 - if they sort out the manufacturing issues it's a very good camera but right now it's pot luck as to whether you'll actually get a good one.

Keep an eye out for the new Street Guardian getting launched next month :)

Ok thanks for your input guys! Really appreciate your help :) I'm not in a hurry, planning to get a cam until summer so there's still time. Interesting that both units have their own issues at the moment. Hope they'll get solved soon though. I am still new here but will be following the posts from now on to get the latest updates!

So if we'd forget about the issues and bugs you'd recommend me to get the 0806? Hope to get more opinions on that one if possible :)

I live in a cold country called Finland, but even though here's cold and snow during the winter on summer it can get quite hot. But 30C is MAX and only couple of days. Normally hottest is 18-22C or less so quite cold :)

I've got a bias towards capacitor based cameras and personally I bought a Panorama.

I do run an 0806 alongside as you can see in my x2 videos but I'm taking the 0806 down for a bit and might try it in the back of the car :) I like the 0806 a lot.

The Mini series really need a capacitor option now they're wanting to go down the parking guard route as it would just prevent issues some people are going to have.

Battery camera would survive in those conditions I'd think, capacitor would be better of course but you're more limited for choices

Well, as far as I can get good quality video and GPS I can think of other cameras aswell. These two I mentioned did just pop up and I got impression they are good and one of the best after reading reviews and watching samples. But I'm sure you can probably suggest something even better and your opinions are very welcome.

Are you bothered about parking modes at all?

Sorry I'm a newbie and might not know everything so may sound stupid. I'm interested in G-force detection a bit as it's important to see if someone hits my car with his, but not in motion detection as people are passing by all the time and most likely that option won't help me, just drain the battery as I tend to leave my car on my yard or in the city center. I don't know if those are same things or if there are cams which only have one or another function.

So it's be quiet for some time now. Which one of these would you suggest me to get?

Back