Itronics Firmware Thread

Reaction score
Country
United States
- Centralized location for all Itronics firmware.
- Unzip to blank SD Card, insert into device, and power up.
- Thanks to http://yakhack.com for the MPH mod!

High bitrate firmware is OK with the SP. Gives SD card errors with HD model -- SD card errors when near full (bee-bee-bee). Will not permanently damage card or device, but may need to format card again.

ITB-100HD
Original 2.1
http://rapidshare.com/files/525370396/itb100hdfw.zip

MPH
http://rapidshare.com/files/219331954/i ... fw-mph.zip

12 Mbps Modification + km/h
http://rapidshare.com/files/393804541/i ... 12mbps.zip

12 Mbps Modification + MPH (thanks codesplice!)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3545835454/ ... ps-mph.zip

ITB-100HD SP
Original 1.2
http://rapidshare.com/files/3628448135/itb100spfw.zip

12 Mbps Modification + English + km/h
http://rapidshare.com/files/480186718/i ... 12mbps.zip

MPH + English
Coming soon!

12 Mbps Modification + MPH + English
Coming soon!

ITB-250HD
Original 1.2
http://rapidshare.com/files/900624128/itb250hdfw.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what 'firmware' is but I am not sure what these links lead to and whether they will solve my problem (see Parking Mode thread).

Do these lionks lead to a updated version of the PC Player V.1.3.4?

Cardigan said:
I understand what 'firmware' is but I am not sure what these links lead to and whether they will solve my problem (see Parking Mode thread).

Do these lionks lead to a updated version of the PC Player V.1.3.4?

The links lead to firmware files that can be flashed to the camera in order to obtain different features/functions (like MPH display, or increased bitrate). Those are the only parts of the files that are different from the stock firmware, so I don't see how they would help with your (admittedly very odd) problem with parking sensor mode. They do not contain an updated PC Player.

Can you look into modifying the bitrate for the ITB500 as well? I tried to do this myself but there's a lot of stuff hardcoded into some binaries and even though I can script pretty much anything in bash or perl when it comes to binaries I can't do anything. As far as I can tell now the bitrate is set to 4Mbps per cam. At 6Mbps per cam we should see an improvement in image quality...
Also, these cams seem to be capable of 24FPS (this is what I got in one log at least), but the Appro_avi_save for some reason will not save those files.

Thanks!

mituc said:
Can you look into modifying the bitrate for the ITB500 as well? I tried to do this myself but there's a lot of stuff hardcoded into some binaries and even though I can script pretty much anything in bash or perl when it comes to binaries I can't do anything. As far as I can tell now the bitrate is set to 4Mbps per cam. At 6Mbps per cam we should see an improvement in image quality...
Also, these cams seem to be capable of 24FPS (this is what I got in one log at least), but the Appro_avi_save for some reason will not save those files.

Unfortunately, I don't have an ITB500 nor do I plan to get one.

Here are the general steps that I did to perform my hack.

1) Download Firmware to Ubuntu or some other Linux platform.
2) tar xcvf the *.bin file until you get the ipnc directory
3) Rename av_server.out to av_server and Appro_avi_save to Appro_avi
4) Create two new script wrappers:

av_server.out
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo $@ > /mnt/mmc/av_server_param.txt
./av_server $@

Appro_avi_save
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo $@ > /mnt/mmc/appro_params.txt
./Appro_avi_save

Don't forget to chmod a+x these files to make them executable.

5) After doing this, repackage your firmware with:
tar czvf itb500_fw.bin then itb500fw.bin (those are hypothetical names).
6) Boot up your new firmware.
7) Shut it down after it starts recording.
8) Look at your new text files on the card. av_server.out should have about 17 parameters -- including one for bitrate -- which can be called in the script file from $1 to $18. Just replace the bitrate parameter with the desired rate.
9) Do the same for Appro_avi_save.
10) Celebrate! And send me a link to the ROM.

Other fun script commands:
Code:
dmesg > /mnt/mmc/dmesg.txt
ps -aux > /mnt/mmc/ps.txt
ls -lR / > /mnt/mmc/ls.txt

Yes, I did that already, but the Appro_avi_save seems to have a few things hard coded and even refuses to spit out any logging information when called with the wrong params. This is what I have:

Appro_avi_save:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo $(date) Appro_avi_save called with \"$@\", calling with \"8000000 $2 $3\" >>/mnt/mmc/logfile_aapro.txt 2>&1;

# ./Appro_avi_save.orig $@ >>/mnt/mmc/logfile_aapro.txt 2>&1
./Appro_avi_save.orig 8000000 $2 $3 >>/mnt/mmc/logfile_aapro.txt 2>&1

av_server_out"
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# sh --version >>/mnt/mmc/logfile.txt 2>&1
# ls -alR / >>/mnt/mmc/logfile.txt 2>&1

echo $(date) av_server called with \"$@\" >>/mnt/mmc/logfile.txt 2>&1
echo $(date) Calling av_server with \"NONE2A AUDIO 16000 1080P H264 8000000 VBR AUTO H264 8000000 VBR AUTO GSENSOR 0 2 GAIN 1 1 GPS 1 DISPLAY 0 SNF TNF VNFDEM
O\";

./av_server.out.orig NONE2A AUDIO 16000 1080P H264 8000000 VBR AUTO H264 8000000 VBR AUTO GSENSOR 0 2 GAIN 1 1 GPS 1 DISPLAY 0 SNF TNF VNFDEMO >>/mnt/mmc/logf
ile.txt 2>&1 &
# ./av_server.out.orig $@ >>/mnt/mmc/logfile.txt 2>&1 &
sync

Also killall.sh changed accordingly:
Code:
killall -2 Appro_avi_save.orig
killall -2 wis-streamer
sleep 1
killall -9 wis-streamer
killall -9 boa
killall -9 upnp-scanip
killall -9 dhcpcd
killall -2 av_server.out.orig
killall -9 system_server

I'll keep trying, maybe I'm missing something...

Maybe just go simpler.. and see if it works?

Appro_avi_save:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./Appro_avi_save.orig 8000000 $2 $3

av_server_out:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
./av_server.out.orig $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 8000000 $7 $8 $9 8000000 $11 $12 $13 $14 $15 $16 $17 $18 $19 $20 $21 $22 $23 $24 $25

Hey dashingthrusnow anyway you can re-up the 12mb + MPH firmware tweak for the SP? I don't mind having 80mb files on my end...unless it causes reliability issues?

mrkookm said:
Hey dashingthrusnow anyway you can re-up the 12mb + MPH firmware tweak for the SP? I don't mind having 80mb files on my end...unless it causes reliability issues?

Sure. Will upload the 12mbps. I actually run that size too... But, keep in mind the above... When the SD Card gets full, it freaks out. No damage... but may need to reformat. I think I'm close to a solution though.

dashingthrusnow said:
mrkookm said:

Sure. Will upload the 12mbps. I actually run that size too... But, keep in mind the above... When the SD Card gets full, it freaks out. No damage... but may need to reformat. I think I'm close to a solution though.

I'm cool with that!

So, I am having trouble uploading the firmware update. When I unzip the 12 bps and MPH mod there are 2 files:

itb100_fw.bin
itb100_kernel.bin

Am I supposed to put the itb100_fw.bin into the setup folder on the SD card.

I put the itb100_fw.bin file in the SD card in the camera and then power it one. I get the 3 chimes and then the LED starts to flash. I assume it is saying that it is uploading the firmware update. But, I wait for about a minute for it to reboot. But, it never reboots and the 3 chimes to sound. According to the manual that is when the firmware update is complete with 3 chimes.

Any input to what is going on?

No. Don't unzip the .bin file. Copy the itb100hdfw.bin file to sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Downloading the new SP v1.2 tweaked firm to add to my cam as I type this! Thanks for coming through with this :D

Have you forgot about the 1.2 12mbps + mph? :oops:

Mrkookm, notice any difference in the 1.2 firmware?

Oh right yeh, silly me.

Have you still got the link for the 12mbps v1.0 mph? I'm still on the 15mbps firmware that failed. :(

Hi there, Just registered and just bought a iTb100HD. Sorry if this sounds a bit dense but if I install the higher bitrate firmware to my camera it will give SD card errors? What sort of errors - to the point of needing to reformat or does the video glitch out briefly?

Back