itronics itb-100hd four error beeps

lebedevsergei

Reaction score
Dear all,

Some time ago I faced a problem with the Itronics itb-100hd. Suddenly it started to beep and records nothing. I looked through the forum and discovered that this may be connected with the SD-card musfunctioning. Today I bought a new 64Gb Kingston class 10 SD card, made a low level format to FAT32 and additionally made a benchmark of read/write speed (it's almost 20Mb/s, so ot should be enough). However, the problem did not disappear. I uploaded a custom firmware (with a 12 Mbp/s vide bitrate), the uploading process was absolutely correct. After that these error beeps repeated several times more and suddenly stopped. Everyting looked good before I checked the recorded video at home: there was almost nothing on a card except for two files (evt_20130803_224855.avi of 46Kb and evt_20130803_224855.dat of 88 bytes) plus a folder with a setup.bin (18 bytes).

Ah, one more thing: HD Blackbox PC Player (native software) says that it cannot write down changes to a setup file. At the same time it is possible to make a format (including low level) using the application.

I found this not a unique problem. I even found an example of a recorded error beeps on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNfxodQ6xQ

My only idea that the device does not work with such cards (64Gb FAT32 partition is not normal, usually it should be formatted into exFAT or NTFS or some other modern file system to be able to work with this volume). I will try to make 16GB FAT32 partition and leave all other space unallocated. Should it help, I'll write here.

However, I have an obvious lack of ideas, so please help if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 mbps firmware has problems with the 100 hd....sounds like you're also having problems with 64gb ad card.

dashingthrusnow said:
12 mbps firmware has problems with the 100 hd....sounds like you're also having problems with 64gb SD card.
I had absolutely same problems with the original firmware, so I do not think it is because of it.

As I already said in the previous post, I made new smaller (15GB) partition on the card and it is now being formatted by the Blackbox PC Player. The rest volume of the card I left unformatted, so the device should believe that it is a small, but very fast SD card. I will try to set the preferences in the application, in case it will be able to save them, it will mean that at leas something changed. :) However, I'll be able to write here about my experiments only tomorrow evening, say in 20 hours or so.

And again, any ideas welcome.

I have had the same issue and just found something that worked for me... So you may have luck with this if you're getting the 4 beep error.

I had been swapping out numerous memory cards for weeks, trying reformatting options, and some new cards would work for a while then I would always end up getting the dreaded 4 BEEPS!

-------------Recommended Fix to Try------------
1. Let the unit power up (the normal boot-up 3 tones), then immediately after the 3 tones, hold down the MIC ON/OFF button for at least 10-15 seconds or as long as it takes for you to hear the 3-tone POWER DOWN sequence (NOTE: you will hear a sequence of single beeps before the 3-tone power down happens).
2. After the you hear those 3 tones, let go of the MIC on/off button and let it boot up on it's own.

Seems to have solved the problem for me. I still get the occasional 4-beeps but at least I can get the unit working again.

-----------------------------------------------------

I had known previously that holding down the MIC on/off button would reformat the card but I had been holding down the button prior to the boot-up sequence, which is wrong. For those interested, I'm running the upgraded (custom) firmware (12 mbps).

Had the same issue with the itb100 hd. 4 continuos irritating beeps.Had a few 32g Sandisk card replace and formatted with the pc player and also with the SD v4. Formatter. And the problem still persist.
Tried to format with cam but no joy.What could be the problem?

Back