Itronics ITB-100HD Review

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
ITB-100 is one of my favourite dashcams from design point of view. Triangle shape, high quality built and it had a good performance "back then".

OP
Vortex Radar

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
ITB-100 is one of my favourite dashcams from design point of view. Triangle shape, high quality built and it had a good performance "back then".
Agreed. I know some of the newer ones have better image quality and that's a top priority. Is the ITB-100SPW better in this regard?

I've looked at some newer ones and have noticed there's typically a compromise with ugly/extraneous text on screen, shiny silvery bling that attracts attention, and so on. I'd love a smaller, higher quality version of this camera. :)

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Agreed. I know some of the newer ones have better image quality and that's a top priority. Is the ITB-100SPW better in this regard?

I've looked at some newer ones and have noticed there's typically a compromise with ugly/extraneous text on screen, shiny silvery bling that attracts attention, and so on. I'd love a smaller, higher quality version of this camera. :)
Yeah, @ IQ these days some entry level or mid-class dashcams may outperform ITB-100. But from all so called "hanging-bracket style" dashcams I do think ITB-100 is one of the best design solutions - triangle design, low-profile bracket, black-matte "rubber-feeling" coating. Of course these days so called "wedge dashcams" which" are hugging a windshield they give more discrete installation.

OP
Vortex Radar

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, @ IQ these days some entry level or mid-class dashcams may outperform ITB-100. But from all so called "hanging-bracket style" dashcams I do think ITB-100 is one of the best design solutions - triangle design, low-profile bracket, black-matte "rubber-feeling" coating. Of course these days so called "wedge dashcams" which" are hugging a windshield they give more discrete installation.
Good to know! I love how technology improves. I'm much happier with the image quality from my GoPro Hero3+ Blacks. The wedge ones (like the Mobius Action Cam, I presume?) are very nice.

I see you're a distributor for the Street Guardian. They get great reviews here. Is there a version of the SG9665GC without an LCD for a more compact package?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We have a version without LCD but we haven't released it yet, size is the same anyway, its a lot smaller than it looks in the photos

CDNinHH

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
A118C MG600G (JooVuuX returned)A119 Shadow 1S

CDNinHH

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
Ok, well that's great....if the Joovuu X I have on order doesn't live up then I would be looking at the 9665GC WiFi model as I really like that form factor.

Hoon Fart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
ITB100HD x2
Great review, that pretty much sums up everything I would have said.
You are like my twin from the other side of the world.

I got my first Itronics ITB-100HD in 2013 (just hit 3 years to be exact) and I too also got another Itronics ITB-100HD for the rear.

flip9

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
F770, SG9665GC
Thanks for the review.

Ive been looking to upgrade my ITB-70 which I've had since release and hasnt missed a beat. The only thing it lacks is video quality!

Msbeezy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mine works great..I have one in my ZR1 Corvette and look how crisp..I also have a Blackvue 650 and the difference in bitrate from the ITB-100HD is quite obvious. Both set at highest bitrate

Corvette ZR1 ITB-100HD

ML63 Mercedes blackvue 650

OP
Vortex Radar

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine works great..I have one in my ZR1 Corvette and look how crisp..I also have a Blackvue 650 and the difference in bitrate from the ITB-100HD is quite obvious. Both set at highest bitrate
Nice sample clips and good job with the JTK! ;)

flip9

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
F770, SG9665GC
Hey Vortex

Have you tried using the Parking mode?

Also does it still take 30 seconds to start recording with the latest firmware?

Last edited:

Hoon Fart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
ITB100HD x2
Also does it still take 30 seconds to start recording with the latest firmware?
Short answer is yes.

I have noticed it takes a little longer to boot if the SD card is full. Now that I have 2 cameras I definitely noticed the start up beep was different first time and thought there must be something wrong. They run at the same time and have the same capacity so they boot the same now that the data on them is the same.

Last edited:

CDNinHH

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
I really liked my Itronics as well, other than requiring a card format about every 30 days or so it performed flawlessly. Pretty good night quality as well for a camera that is now what would be considered "old" technology.

Hoon Fart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
ITB100HD x2
Interesting I never need to format any of mine.

I did once have to on my newer camera not long after I got it but its been fine ever since. I use the standard firmware too as it looks like people have too many issues with higher bit rates, overheating and purging full SD cards. There is a reason why it is set the way it is.

Even worked fine during summer with 40+ degrees Celsius.

CDNinHH

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
Well that could be why I needed to format regularly as I did have the higher bit rate/english firmware installed. I'm in Thailand and heat was never a problem with camera. I let that camera go with the truck when I sold it as I was sure there would be something better out there now......not sure I made the right choice but having some fun trying the different ones available now anyway.