Itronics ITB-100HD

jastar

Reaction score
I want to buy the Itronics ITB-100HD. I like the size, picture quality and the GPS capability. When I went to the Itronics site, they state to beware of unauthorized sellers on ebay. Are the ebay ones fake? Anyone know of any authorized sellers?

jastar said:
I want to buy the Itronics ITB-100HD. I like the size, picture quality and the GPS capability. When I went to the Itronics site, they state to beware of unauthorized sellers on ebay. Are the ebay ones fake? Anyone know of any authorized sellers?

Hi Jastar,

You are right, when it comes to Korean dash cams, often times the eBay sellers are not authorized. The Korean manufacturers go to great lengths to protect their products. That is why there are very few fakes around unlike the Chinese manufacturers. Their control extends to the distribution channels as well.

In general, the nearly all (if not all) the Itronics ITB-100HD on eBay can be considered grey market. They are original products but sold through unauthorized dealers at much cheaper prices. You won't get manufacturers warranty but the eBay seller might provide a warranty.

The problem with authorized dealers is that prices are way to high. Check out this authorized dealer selling the ITB-100HD for $390 Australian dollars. eBay sales are about $200. Buy on eBay and save $190 for a genuine product is what I would do.

Dash Cam Man

Now that the BlackVue dr400g-hd ii is off my list, my top pick is the Itronics ITB-100HD. What are the biggest negatives of this camera?

wizkid said:
Now that the BlackVue dr400g-hd ii is off my list, my top pick is the Itronics ITB-100HD. What are the biggest negatives of this camera?
You may want to put the FineVu CR-500HD on your list. It has the new and improved Sony lens in it that can run 1080p at 60 FPS, so better night performance and less motion blur. Here is a vid that compares it to the iTronics and the Blackvue 400.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the other suggestion Spaceballsrules. What Sony lens does the FineVu CR-500HD use? The night quality looks very good.

Just did a quick ebay search and this FineVu camera is expensive...about $350. And it looks like some models don't have GPS.

Hi wizkid,

The biggest negatives are:

1. Filming at 24fps instead of 30fps. Most cameras will film at 30fps and now we are seeing 60 fps. Makes a difference at high speed. But if you watch the videos of the ITB-100HD, the quality is very good so this is not a huge issue.
2. Audio quality is poor. Can drill the mic hole bigger to improve
3. Shows KM/H on video not MPH. If you are in the US, this might be a small problem

Also, the ITB-100HD has only recently gained popularity. Early reliability reports have been positive, but hopefully this continues as more people purchase this camera.

Dash Cam Man

The Exmor R Lens appears to be very impressive and the FineVu CR-500HD initial videos are great. Whether it is worth >$300 is a personal choice. But anyone looking for a top of the line camera should put this on their list. I will try to get more info on the CR-500HD as well.

Dash Cam Man

Thanks for all the info guys. I will take the plunge on the Itronics ITB-100HD. The FineVue looks amazing but I can't justify spending so much on a dash cam.

Hi Jastar,

If I may ask, did you buy the ITB from an eBay vendor? If so who was it and how was your experience with them? Any issues on the transaction?

Thanks.

Thank you. Could you let me know how everything worked out when you receive the unit? I am also thinking about buying one from them sometime next week.

Thanks.

In case anyone is interested, the Itronics ITB-100HD from thebestservice4you on eBay can be purchased for $174. Thanks to chrisaustralia for pointing out this vendor.

This is the lowest price I have seen this camera for. They have 100% positive feedback and have sold some Blackvue cameras in the past (with positive feedback).

Dash Cam Man

Hey Jastar,

Did you get your camera? If so how is it so far? Thanks.

Was wondering if the camera is easily removable?

From the youtube video below, I see it has an adhesive mount, and there is a screw pin of some sort that connects it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyJjQ6pnQNQ&t=7m39s

Are there any other mounting options?

My main concern is for vehicle and property loss/damage.

Hi vanxkx,

Removing the camera via the screw every time would not be very convenient. There are no other "official" mounting options that I am aware of but a very simple solution is to use 3M dual lock fasteners. This makes it very easy to remove and install.

You can see how people have used the 3M dual lock fastener for the GS2000 camera in this other thread.

Dash Cam Man

Thanks again Dash Cam Man,

Definitely going to look into it. Very interesting indeed.

Cheers,

Thanks again Dash Cam Man,

Definitely going to look into it. Very interesting indeed.

Cheers,

Back