Itronics itb100hd bad video quality

alex11778

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everybody
I got my Itronics itb100hd few weeks ago and I am not liking the video quality that I get on my camera. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it a bad camera? I compared to the other videos on YouTube and it seems like I am not getting the same great quality that everybody is talking about. The video looks very choppy. I tried to put camera higher and lower. Here is some samples at different angles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi alex11778,

Looking at the videos, they appear a bit choppy but overall not to bad. The camera angled lower, like in the second half of the second video is best. Overall, it appears to be a little bit worse than some other ITB-100HD but not too bad.

Try updating the firmware to 2.1 if you haven't. How does it perform in other lighting conditions (Sunny or when it is dark)?

Thanks for response DashCamMan
I did update software to 2.1 and it made no difference
in other lighting conditions it is the same way choppy especially if you play it full screen
why is there difference in video quality from one cam to other cams

Hi alex11778,

I think it is due to manufacturing variability. Usually the Korean cameras produce pretty consistent quality but sometimes a camera could perform a bit below average which I think is happening in your case. You might want to contact the seller to see if they are willing to do something.

alex, have you tried to play the videos on another computers? It is not necessary to install also the itronics software to play the files.
Just find another computer which can play that files.

Try yo play them from PC after transferred from SD Card.
I think if a product like this is bad, it is not working at all or with very bad results. I don't think itronics can record choppy because of camera itself.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe try a different SDHC Card

I have noticed the same thing, I also suspected the SD card.
But it happens on both the supplied itronics card and a sandisk extreme.
Looks to be affected by light/shadow auto lens adjust, as the video looks fine sometimes and not other times.
Here is a clip which is particularly bad on this piece of road.
I will drive the same road later today when the sun and shadows are located differently.
Original file.

edited- removed link.

I don't want to login or do anything that needs more than one click for download.
Try to use another sites for sharing files if you want somebody to look at your files. You can try sendspace.com

Downloaded OK and this was the download link.
Yes, also I see some macroblocks when car is under tree shadows.
I see you are recording at 1080p/24fps. Try to record 720p/30fps and use the standard settings for brightness when recording (during day). Make first test with the original SD Cards.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for your post on this topic, I too am unhappy with the video quality from the itb. I think as someone else mentioned manufacturer variability and I think that's right. Personally I'm suspicious that it's simply the quality of the lens or sensor. My video quality is virtually no different at all to the $40 "smallest dvr" which is 720p. I haven't got around to trying mine at 720p yet but I'm over it. It was an expensive toy but I'm still happy enough as it's the only one that gives me the option to hand over the file that shows my speed separately (thus if I'm being a good samaritan and give video evidence of someone else's drama to the police I don't have to worry about them booking me for speeding or something!).

I don't think the issue would be solvable but by all means post if you think there is a solution!

Cheers

Pev

I don't think on the market are fake ITB-100HD, because many users will complain on internet, not just two. Tell us also the name of the seller.
So, make the default settings on your camera including 720p, record something during the day (and during the night if you want) and upload the original files to sendspace.com for example. We will look at them.

enjoy,
Mtz

as filby mentioned about the shadows I think that is the problem. Because I tried everything from different SD card to reinstalling the software and nothing helped so i guess I have to deal with it as is. Thank you everybody for your replies.

The video quality is much the same (on that stretch of road) at 720p and standard settings.
I got mine from apple-ct, early 2013.
The camera works fine in other situations, actually very good.
Can someone check out their video on a leafy tree lined road with fast changing light and shade?
May be just a characteristic of this camera.
Cheers.

Mine looks the same. Just got mine from apple-ct a couple weeks ago too. I think it is the high contrast of the trees sucking up all the compression data. Try video somewhere without leafless trees. Should look a bit better. At least it did for me.

And don't forget to use the latest firmware. They fixed some thing about daylight. For dashcams, latest firmware is always the best,

enjoy,
Mtz

Back