It's not a turn indicator...it's a warning device! Cleveland, OH

Maybe Penskes new drive for NASCAR

Penske trucks are very often seen wedged under the 11ft8 bridge with the top peeled back, so this clip didn't shock me!

They're a Penske nuisance.
Perhaps Penske should fit better blind spot mirrors to their vehicles.

Where to start...
A rental truck likely driven by someone with no training or skill at driving something that large.
Why bother using those mirrors when changing lanes.
It also seems now a days people think their turn signal grants right-of-way to change lanes, obligating others to make room for them.

Indeed get your car 1 foot ahead of the other car, engage indicators and you have right of way.

To be honest YES thats how it works in the Danish traffic code, but the way people speed up from behind with clear indications that the 2 or more lanes are becoming less lanes now, that i am sure was not the intention with the law, cuz this way people are just creating congestion and not least dangerous situations.

Merging are most times in behind another vehicle, but if before that you accelerated to get in front of another vehicle, and then force that to brake "hard" to let you in, well then in my book you have failed, and you have earned the douche label.

It seems more and more common that people brake first then indicate. :mad:

They're a Penske nuisance.
Perhaps Penske should fit better blind spot mirrors to their vehicles.
Blind spot mirrors are great. When they are used.

I have a good one *inside* my van, clipped on at the top of the A frame pillar. I love it. One of the best things is, it isn't affected by rain.

All the ones I've tried that stick on to existing mirrors have been pretty useless though. They get ignored because they are too hard to use (need to stare at them too long to make out what's what.)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have large wedge type convex mirrors on both our cars. Way better than the little 3cm circle mirrors you see most often. Probably about 6x10cm. I look in them first and often don't bother with the standard mirror unless the back window is blocked by cargo. Yes they're affected by rain but no worse than the main mirrors. And regular auto wax or rain-x lets the rain bead off so it's not an issue.

Here's a quick shot of mine. I have virtually no blind spot. If you zoom in on the top mirror you can see the bush that's on the left through the window.
It's absolutely fantastic for checking it's safe to move to an inside lane on a motorway. And for seeing if an idiot bike is overtaking on the inside when I'm about to turn left.
It's disgraceful that vans like mine are allowed to be sold without blind spot mirrors.
de277a7b379fec217efad9288221a005.jpg

Interesting thing about having that top mirror on the inside...
If there's a vehicle like an HGV in lane 1, and I overtake it in lane 2, then if I get far enough forward of the HGV, it will disappear completely from that mirror. It looks like there's an empty lane 1. Which it is, at least for a well defined distance behind me. That tells me it is 100% safe to pull in to lane 1. Bloody marvelous, it is. I should patent the idea.

Still need to check the normal mirror for racing undertakers though.

Back