It's taken 10 months...

sludgeguts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.
But our insurer has now advised us that I'm not to blame...
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-yet-to-saves-the-day-let-the-lying-begin.13086/

This was edited from the clip I uploaded & set to private. Over the following months, I somehow lost all the original footage so thank goodness for YT's private settings.
This is the first time I have watched the footage since dropping it all onto disk & sending off to insurance. I'd forgotten how my G1W glitched out at the impact!

Without the dashcam, that would be on you. I think you sold a hundred more.

good result, I’m sure if it wasn’t for the DVR, it would of been you at fault as it would look like you clipped him as you took the turning off the roundabout

10 Months :eek: with video evidence, dont dare to think where it would have ended without.

What happened to the mobius with a billion (estimated) hours of recording time? :D
I always carry the G1W as a spare - although since this glitch, it's now really a last resort spare. I've made sure that every vehicle in the depot has the cycle helmet mount (backplate) fixed to the windscreen - just in case.
That said, the mount in my main vehicle has the mobius' cradle attached to the removeable part of the helmet mount - which I stuck firmly to the windscreen so the only way to transfer the cam is to slide it out of the cradle (or unscrew the cradle). I always make sure to carry a spare mount and cradle. It's a learning process.
I never check all my footage so never realised my G1W was susceptable to harsh knocks (I'd had a similar problem but this was down to a loose plug in the power socket), only when you come to check an actual event & realise that there is a problem. Fortunately, it shows everything up to and including the actual contact.

good result, I’m sure if it wasn’t for the DVR, it would of been you at fault as it would look like you clipped him as you took the turning off the roundabout
Yes. The diagram he drew, along with the description, has him driving to the roundabout & straddling the lanes in order to take the roundabout at a higher speed. From his description, it would seem that I cam up behind at even higher speed. Not sure if he was insinuating that I was trying to sneak through on his offside & hence the contact but he certainly implies that I rammed him on purpose - which would be very strange in anybody's books.

10 Months :eek: with video evidence, dont dare to think where it would have ended without.
They DO drag their heels.
I completed the forms (including stills) and dropped the footage onto disk which my manager posted the very next day. Quite a few months later, we'd heard nothing so I sent an email to the company. Took them a few days to reply saying that the other party had disputed the fault & could they have more info.
I set the YT to unlisted & sent the link along with more stills.
Early december, still heard nothing so I emailed again.
Mid january & they came back to say the other insurer had conceded.

I can't help but wonder if the other guy was screaming "photoshop"

I have been contacted by a insurance company i am not a member off 2 times since i got rear ended about 2 months ago, both times i got the same sounding letter asking me why i have not filled out a claims form yet :rolleyes:
And so 2 times i have contacted them and even sent them copies of the letters they sent to me as they dident have any knowlege of at least the #2 letter, and i have been telling them i am not a member of your insurance company, and judging by the way you run things in this regard i cant ever see me joyning your company.
And i have filed the proper papers with my own company i did that about 1 hour after the crash happned, and just so you know what happned here is a link to the footage off my dashcams to proof it.

I think they have figured it out by now, have not gotten a letter from them in 3 weeks now :rolleyes:

I assume my case is over judging by the papers i got about a month after it whent down, and my car is repaired too.

That beeing said the AUT Suzuki garage where i got the car fixed will not see more of my car.
1. they forgot to plug in 2 wires in my rear hatch, meaning i was driving without licenceplate light and working rear wiper for a while.
2. ther painter is colorblind, the color of the new rear bumper and the hatch is not quite the same red as my car, and beeing a painter myself i know a red paint is not the hardest one to match up, not least as its a factory red paint, so look up the color code and mix it, thats not so hard to do.
3. allso noticed last week my defroster on the rear window dident work either, i have fixed that myself.

Ask the insurance company to pay for a rear camera with all that money you saved them.

I dont even get any form for compensation for my car now beeing a damaged car, i wasent expecting a whole lot, but still it is damaged now and will take a hit on the resell prize.

Not that i will sell the car this side of a lotto win, seem like i have to make do with driving this little Suzuki for the rest of my miserable life :(
Just underlining facts, i been a part of making my country like it is now, and so i deserve to suffer the consequences of me beeing blind for the past 30 years when i voted.

GC got it right, problem is to figure that out yourself you have to screw up for decades.

The SOTU speech by Obama last night dident rock my boat, and it seem to be the same for Danish "experts" debating it on TV right now ( news hour )

same old - same old :rolleyes:

What GC seems to miss is that politicians aren't your ordinary Joe public (mostly), they are often the product of a privileged upbringing. They know about poverty etc - but we are poor because that's our own fault for being too lazy etc.
In a system that's weighted towards a certain type of person, If we can't make a million, we are the lazy ones.
There's really not much difference between a political party and a dodgy car dealership.
If I applied for a job and made up the kind of stories these people do, do you think I'd last 5 years (or however long it takes for the voting process to begin again)? NO, If I lied (like politicians do) at interview, & I didn't fulfill my promises, I'd be out on my arse.
We have people running the country who I wouldn't trust to run a bath. we have people in charge of the money who seem to have zero experience aside from balancing a household budget.
but what they all have in common is the gift of the gab, they can talk a good job. I've even heard a couple of old ladies talking "Well I voted Tory, Mr Liddington is a lovely man, he has a nice smile" "yes he does, and he always looks very smart"
So there's two votes based on a gleaming smile and a fancy suit!

wait, you think they have a proper budget in their own houses? seems to me that they're up to their toupees in debt which is why they think it's OK to run the government that way too.

i'm all for term limits. wish we could get them for congress the way we have them for the president, but they'd never vote that on themselves. and only a lame duck president could to it as an executive order, and even then it'd still need to go through a lot of processes since it would probably have to be a constitutional amendment just like presidential term limits did. so basically it'll never happen.

You've just inspired a new feature request.........odometer/hour meters built into dash cam firmware. :) Hope you're listening @jokiin? ;) :D

we did have this as a function in our first Ambarella camera in engineering mode where it would give us total time and distance recorded also, not sure if that's still supported in the newer chipsets

there's a similar sort of functionality built into Registrator Viewer where it can calculate distance travelled per trip, nothing to give a running total though

we did have this as a function in our first Ambarella camera in engineering mode where it would give us total time and distance recorded also, not sure if that's still supported in the newer chipsets

there's a similar sort of functionality built into Registrator Viewer where it can calculate distance travelled per trip, nothing to give a running total though

It would be a neat feature to know how many hours a camera has been in service. I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that it's actually more than just a fantasy.

Things I hate:
  • Roads that are nearly wide enough for two vehicles side by side, so you don't know whether to go down the middle or stay left.
  • Road markings that tell you which lane to use for which directions - but they are too late to be of any use, just causing you to be in the wrong lane by the time you see them.
  • Overtaking on roundabouts. It's never necessary and can only save you a second or two at most. But it creates huge risk.
All in this video, and all contributing IMO. Mainly that overtake at the end. By the time he appeared you couldn't have reacted. What a dirtbag.

It would be a neat feature to know how many hours a camera has been in service. I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that it's actually more than just a fantasy.

the value would reset if the camera was reset or firmware was updated, it wasn't really intended for the purpose you describe but it probably could have been if the data was moved to a non volatile memory location to keep a lifetime total to make that possible, we're not doing anything on that platform anymore and I'm not sure if similar functionality is available in the stuff we're working on now, I haven't seen it documented anywhere at least but it may be something that is still possible to do on some platforms

Back