I've read the FAQ! Please Help this dumbass make a decision - 360 degree parking cam

im sure i can get a USB to 12V DC power cable too

Or even buy 5V pack to 12V convertor

What i meant with changing plug / power source on the camera itself is due to most USB power banks cant handle being charged and the same time used.
So those people just unplug the mini USB plug from the camera that normally go to the PSU in the cigarette plug, and then plug in the USB power bank instead and then tuck it in over the sun visor.

But the celllink B and lukas power packs i linked to cam do that, and charge them self fast at 7 A ( if wired into fuse box ) and 5 A if the cigarette plug is used.
I assume they have some form of smart charge management and use LIPO batteries, but normally its not recommended to charge and use a lipo battery at the same time, also why battery based dashcams are not recommended for cameras used as parking guard.

The power bank you link to have a mini USB input for charging, so this mean you cant charge it with more than 2 A, with that low charge it will take a long time to charge the 20 A / 20000 mah power bank, so you will have to drive a lot in between uses or take it out and charge on it at home.

The people who use a power bank for parking guard and just plugging it in the camera instead of the original power source i assume is people like myself that would only use parking guard once in a while, if you was to use it on a regular basis it is smarter if its hardwired ( with a powerbank like the celllink B or Lukas one in between the power source in the car and the camera ) or just using a BDP in between the camera and car power source to make sure the camera can not use all of the power on your car battery.
Car battery's are not meant to be drained all the way they are ment to provide a big output when you start the car and thats about it, at least regular lead acid batteries, but deep cycle ones will fare better in this regard, but in general its best if your car battery stay at 12 Volts or more.

My own dream setup is a small motorcycle battery under the dashbord, and then connected to the car battery/charge system with one of those splitters / charge protestors car audio guys and campers use to make sure their extra batteries are charged while driving and then when parked it act like a BDP so you can not discharge your car battery only your extra batteries.
It is basically the same as a setup mentioned above with the celllink B or likas power bank, but a motorcycle battery can hold a lot more power but is off course also a little larger.
And a MC battery is a type you can charge on and use at the same time, and i assume you can get deep cycle MC batteries too

What i meant with changing plug / power source on the camera itself is due to most USB power banks cant handle being charged and the same time used.
So those people just unplug the mini USB plug from the camera that normally go to the PSU in the cigarette plug, and then plug in the USB power bank instead and then tuck it in over the sun visor.

But the celllink B and lukas power packs i linked to cam do that, and charge them self fast at 7 A ( if wired into fuse box ) and 5 A if the cigarette plug is used.
I assume they have some form of smart charge management and use LIPO batteries, but normally its not recommended to charge and use a lipo battery at the same time, also why battery based dashcams are not recommended for cameras used as parking guard.

The power bank you link to have a mini USB input for charging, so this mean you cant charge it with more than 2 A, with that low charge it will take a long time to charge the 20 A / 20000 mah power bank, so you will have to drive a lot in between uses or take it out and charge on it at home.

The people who use a power bank for parking guard and just plugging it in the camera instead of the original power source i assume is people like myself that would only use parking guard once in a while, if you was to use it on a regular basis it is smarter if its hardwired ( with a powerbank like the celllink B or Lukas one in between the power source in the car and the camera ) or just using a BDP in between the camera and car power source to make sure the camera can not use all of the power on your car battery.
Car battery's are not meant to be drained all the way they are ment to provide a big output when you start the car and thats about it, at least regular lead acid batteries, but deep cycle ones will fare better in this regard, but in general its best if your car battery stay at 12 Volts or more.

My own dream setup is a small motorcycle battery under the dashbord, and then connected to the car battery/charge system with one of those splitters / charge protestors car audio guys and campers use to make sure their extra batteries are charged while driving and then when parked it act like a BDP so you can not discharge your car battery only your extra batteries.
It is basically the same as a setup mentioned above with the celllink B or likas power bank, but a motorcycle battery can hold a lot more power but is off course also a little larger.
And a MC battery is a type you can charge on and use at the same time, and i assume you can get deep cycle MC batteries too

Thanks Kamkar!

I think I will buy a cheap 5V powerpack and a 9V/12V Step up transformer like this.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192008978812
Some of these powerbanks can charge off the cigarette lighter socket so I think that will be perfect. I can buy 2 power banks and keep swapping between them as one charges

Holy crap. I thought i was going to have a stroke just watching that.

I am going to hardwire these two dashcam systems!

Is it easy to disconnect and hook up to a battery pack and switch to park mode if I'm worried my car battery will die? How long could two dash cams survive on a car battery in parking mode? How many hours before my battery voltage drops down too low to start the car?

Is it even possibly to hardwire TWO dashcam systems?

how does the camera know when my key is switched off and go into parking mode?

Last edited:
Back