andy28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have a U1000 (2ch) and the iVolt battery. I've noticed that even in energy saving parking mode with the radar, the battery doesn't seem to power the dashcam for as long as I expected. The Thinkware Dashcam Store suggests up to 24 days of recording before powering down but when I've read it properly, I now understand that is without the radar activated.

If I'm leaving my car at the airport for a week, what setting should I have it on? I could have the radar on which is clearly better if someone does hit my car in the first few days but not much use for days 4 to 7 or do I deactivate the radar to give a longer potential recording time?

Should I also be turning off the battery protection if I have the iVolt battery installed?

Thank you very much for your help

Andy

Personally i leave the Battery Protection enabled but i set it to the lowest Voltage shown (11.6v). You can't give an exact Parking mode time when the Radar is fitted as you don't know how much activity will happen in front of the radar to wake the camera up. Thinkware estimate a minimum of 4 days.

Personally i leave the Battery Protection enabled but i set it to the lowest Voltage shown (11.6v). You can't give an exact Parking mode time when the Radar is fitted as you don't know how much activity will happen in front of the radar to wake the camera up. Thinkware estimate a minimum of 4 days.
Thanks Maddog1974, that makes sense

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T U1000 2
H U1000 1
T U1000 2
R U1000 0
M U1000 2
Back