JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ever since Itronics cracked down on the eBay vendors, I have kept my eyes open for a decent Korean camera with similar specs for under $200. I just noticed the JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU is now available from dream-seller on eBay for $160 without GPS and $183 with GPS. Also for sale from another ebay vendor green-sum for $159 without GPS

www.navinc.co.kr_mall_board_data_notice_3800fu_notice.jpg

From a spec perspective, this records 1080p at 30fps and comes with G-sensor. Has a Sony Exmor CMOS sensor (I don't believe it is the Exmor R though). It has parking mode and size appears to be small. The temperature specs of -20C to 60C (operating) and -30C to 85C (storage) - they claim to have heat dissipation panels.

The biggest negatives are:
- Only a few videos on this cam
- No reliability information

I'll try to pull together some more information on this camera when I get more time tonight.

Videos are all from Asia, so not the most trustworthy.

Day Video

Night Video

Night Video with less ambient light

Indoor Parking Lot

Rain

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an unboxing video. Skip to 5:00 to see a size comparison with the Itronics camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I saw this camera.
I don't like:
-the glossy style (on the box is matte!)
- mount support should be black too (I think they want to show to everybody how nice is the camera, not to hide it)

When compared to itronics and DOD you can see how matte is the Itronics, the DOD and also the lens position is more to the right compared to the Iroad which is more central.
A sided lens is good if you have the small black dots area which are usually on the windshield, in front of rear mirror if you want to put the camera in the back of them. Something like this:

They have a site which offer english manual and firmware update, but as the usual korean changelog style like some LED function or some unknown improvements.

Here about their player and what user can setup:
www.navinc.co.kr_ione3800download_en_viewer_setup_2.jpg

As you can see, just few options.

But the video quality seems to be OK and I expect the nigh mode is not as good as the Itronics 100HD.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Windshield.jpg
    Windshield.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 11,368
Hi Mtz,

You make a great point about it being too glossy! A bit flashy for a dash cam ;) I think the clear mount wouldn't be that noticeable though. Lens in the middle vs on the side...never thought about it since on a small cam it is just a few cm difference. Could be an issue depending on windshield though.

Really the night video and reliability are the unknowns. The English site was just launched last month. Hopefully more Korean manufacturers start targeting English speaking countries because Itronics, Pittasoft and FineVu really have not been consumer friendly recently.

I will see if there is any user info from Korea on this cam as well.

Had to purchase one for $160. It's as low as once the iTronics ITB100-HD was before they disappeared off ebay.

Definitely looks like a nice cam, would be great, if it was a reliable one too.

without knowing anything about how well it works, or how reliable it might be the only thing I can say at face value I feel is not so good is the mounting bracket, mounting it at the opposite end to the lens is possibly a bad decision, if not now I have a feeling it might eventually end up a bit looser in the mount and causing problems, off centre lens is no problem but the bracket at the same end as the lens would be more sensible in my opinion

not so keen on the high gloss fingerprint magnet either, I think itronics have the best look and feel at the moment

Hi kay188,

Congrats on the purchase...let us know how you like it.

jokiin said:
the only thing I can say at face value I feel is not so good is the mounting bracket, mounting it at the opposite end to the lens is possibly a bad decision, if not now I have a feeling it might eventually end up a bit looser in the mount and causing problems, off centre lens is no problem but the bracket at the same end as the lens would be more sensible in my opinion
Maybe you are thinking to some vibrations because it is not balanced by a central mount, but you must consider the weight is so small so it will not be unbalanced by the gravity.
I believe is not a problem with the mounting system and I prefer it on the opposite part of the lens because I can hide all that part under the black windshield area which is in the front of the rearview mirror. You can see pictures in my windshield topic about that black area and using it to hide and protect the camera against sun.
For me the only area to stick a camera or fix a suction cup is on any non-transparent area of the windshield.

I think itronics have the best look and feel at the moment
Me too. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

Looks like this deal didn't last long. Dream-seller ended the listing and green-sum raised the price to $188 for the base unit without GPS.

There is still one ebay listing from green-sum that is reasonable. It has the IONE-3800FU Car Digital DVR Recorder BlackBox, a 16GB card (instead of the 8GB) and GPS for $189. Probably won't last long though.

Yes, it is important also because at this price is the GPS included (the external antenna).
Maybe that ebay sellers are reading our forum and when see some interesting camera for us they are raising the price because we are interested and they are trying to make some money.
But they must not forget that when we don't agree with a price we are not buying, see the Itronics story, which sold a lot of dashcams when we agreed with the price and after ebay sellers banned we almost never heard about a new Itronics bought by a forum user.
We always will search for the right price.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
jokiin said:
the only thing I can say at face value I feel is not so good is the mounting bracket, mounting it at the opposite end to the lens is possibly a bad decision, if not now I have a feeling it might eventually end up a bit looser in the mount and causing problems, off centre lens is no problem but the bracket at the same end as the lens would be more sensible in my opinion
Maybe you are thinking to some vibrations because it is not balanced by a central mount, but you must consider the weight is so small so it will not be unbalanced by the gravity.
I believe is not a problem with the mounting system and I prefer it on the opposite part of the lens because I can hide all that part under the black windshield area which is in the front of the rearview mirror. You can see pictures in my windshield topic about that black area and using it to hide and protect the camera against sun.
For me the only area to stick a camera or fix a suction cup is on any non-transparent area of the windshield.

I think itronics have the best look and feel at the moment
Me too. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

if the mount is good quality it's not such a problem, I'm not sure this mount is as solid though, if the mount was attached directly to the cam rather than to a bracket that clips onto the cam I think it would be better, my experience with these mount types is not positive

the offset lens and mount suits your scenario, for the right hand drive market it's not as suitable unfortunately

jokiin said:
the offset lens and mount suits your scenario, for the right hand drive market it's not as suitable unfortunately
Yes, but we are more and maybe this is the reason for the actual position of asymmetric lens.
I always knew it wasn't good for you. The same story is with the dashcam as rearview mirrors, but there the problem is much bigger.

enjoy,
Mtz

Well, I hope DCM is getting commission from all these ebay sellers, and if not he should, since I bit the bullet and ordered one when he posted. The mount concerns me but if the video really comes close to the commerically advertised video (I doubt), I would be impressed. Will let people know how it works when I receive it...

Anyone used an external battery like the T-power C before? Want to know if it works well. Don't want to hardwire car.

Mtz said:
Yes, but we are more and maybe this is the reason for the actual position of asymmetric lens.
I always knew it wasn't good for you. The same story is with the dashcam as rearview mirrors, but there the problem is much bigger.

enjoy,
Mtz

the dashcam market has certainly developed based on sales in left hand drive countries, no doubt this is a major influence

I am always on the lookout for good deals but they don't seem to last that long any more. We are lucky if the deal lasts 1 day after it gets posted here :(

But I think there is a big market for a sub-$200 camera that has the following:

- 1080p @ 30fps with good video quality day and night
- Small and Discrete
- GPS
- G Sensor
- Parking mode
- Decent reliability

Many of the Korean cameras come close to this and they could easily sell them for somewhere between $150 and $200 and still make a profit.

I just want to get a camera that's discrete and produces decent image quality. I understand the consensus is that the finevu is the best in image quality but to me all the night scenes are over exposed and the license plate a white blob, something the tw chunky cams seem to overcome, but the form factor is just too big for me. I watched the 3800FU's videos on youtube, seem to be all from the manufacturer I assume but I think the details are superb. I hope they are not fake vids taken with professional film cameras... The mount also worries me. But I guess we will see in a few days. I have a tracking number which does not seem to output anything via DHL. It's been 2 days, is that normal... Never really bought through ebay before.

DashCamMan said:
But I think there is a big market for a sub-$200 camera that has the following:

- 1080p @ 30fps with good video quality day and night
- Small and Discrete
- GPS
- G Sensor
- Parking mode
- Decent reliability

my target would be to deliver this including WiFi functionality for below $200

Back