Janus Echo Wi-Fi, Dual Full HD - 1080p front/720p rear

KoreanDVR

Reaction score
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Hi everybody,

Just want to share my little experience with this camera
It has real Full HD front camera
And 720p rear camera (two options - with/without IR)

Didn't tested WiFi ability yet, because there is only Android viewer version, currently available (don't have one)

But i like it's picture quality
Front camera gives stable 25fps, while rear camera 20fps - that's enough for comfortable reviewing

Original picture quality, exported, not screenshot in viewer.

My rear glass tinted with very dark and not good qality film, so picture quality is not very good here

Some details:
External GPS (locks GPS signal fast for me) with long cable
Long cable for rear camera, but would be great to have short cable to put rear camera on windshield with ability to put on rear glass with cable extender.
It needs own player to view records with map, G-sensor data, to export records and configure dashcam.
Comes with 16Gb SD card (not micro SD)
Bracket with swivel, on 3M tape, but not as strong as i wish, because on rough road it will shake camera a bit. And with many cables connected, it's not easy to swivel camera to sides and especially reverse.
Voice commands are loud and clear to understand
Microphone quality is better than Blackvue's DR400 or DR500

I'am not sure about it's retail price, but i guess it will cost like Blackvue DR500GW

p.s. don't mention date/timezone and GPS speed, GPS not connected on pictured scenes
p.p.s. Front camera video
p.p.p.s Rear camera video

Attachments

• Janus_echo_numbers.jpg
    Janus_echo_numbers.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 335
  • Janus_echo_numbers_full.jpg
    Janus_echo_numbers_full.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Janus_echo_numbers2_full.jpg
    Janus_echo_numbers2_full.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 335
  • CH1_20130102_044911.jpg
    CH1_20130102_044911.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 335
  • CH2_20130102_044911.jpg
    CH2_20130102_044911.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Janus Echo front_sm.jpg
    Janus Echo front_sm.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Janus Echo back_sm.jpg
    Janus Echo back_sm.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 336
  • CH2_20130815_084732.jpg
    CH2_20130815_084732.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
not sure about the design, looks cheap which it's probably not, of course the video result is the important thing but it doesn't hurt to be better looking, a shame they can't get a bit better frame rate though

It has black polish plastic casing
I would prefer mat, because of fingerprints

But it's not cheap when you hold it yourself
It's solid and weighty

p.s. what's wrong with FPS? why rear camera should have more than 15fps?

maybe the pictures don't do it justice but the tooling looks a bit rough, like a cheap Chinese model, of course it's what's inside the counts but still, better it it could look the part

Perhaps,
But personally, i think dashcam should be at first - be stable and with good picture quality
How it looks, it's packaging - is least interested

About stability can't judge yet, since just installed
But picture quality is very good for dual channel dashcam

How many Full HD/HD dashcams available on market currently?
With GPS, G-Sensor, wide angle lens and acceptable FPS

I will post about another dual channel dashcam later
It has better looking case with 3.5" touchscreen
Good picture quality and bitrate
Awesome microphone
But it's only HD/HD model

KoreanDVR said:
But personally, i think dashcam should be at first - be stable and with good picture quality
How it looks, it's packaging - is least interested

of course, I agree with you 100%

looks are subjective anyway but people will buy on looks, lots of good looking sub standard cameras in the market that find plenty of customers

the market is not spoiled for choice right now in dual cameras, the Korean's are all using TI solution which I think is less than optimal, I think you'll see better options based on different platforms soon enough, maybe TI are working on something better as well but their current product I don't think is that great

Re: AW: Janus Echo Wi-Fi, Dual Full HD - 1080p front/720p re

Maybe the looks of a dashcam do not count much in the "below 100USD league".
But for the more pricey models i guess the the vast majority of buyers are looking for a mat design without any chrome rings in order to keep visibility profile (from outside the car) as low as possible.

Re: AW: Janus Echo Wi-Fi, Dual Full HD - 1080p front/720p re

adorfer said:
Maybe the looks of a dashcam do not count much in the "below 100USD league".
But for the more pricey models i guess the the vast majority of buyers are looking for a mat design without any chrome rings in order to keep visibility profile (from outside the car) as low as possible.

What annoys me is that manufacturers are still churning out these huge boxes which they expect us to stick to our windscreens & be an advert to any passing thief.
The fewer obstructions in our windscreen the better as far as I'm concerned. The mobius is proof that you don't need some huge box stuck to your screen to get good video results.

You forgot to mention a very important fact: Front camera uses Sony Exmor CMOS !

Actually the authentic brand name for this is: G-Net CLassic Limited by Jeanette System in collaboration with Tibet System Co.Ltd.#

I have opened topic few month ago:

2ch Sony Exmor 1080p + 720p GPS WiFi Andr Ap G-Net Classic

TibetSystem has also developed an Android Ap for G-Net ( or Janus Echo )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... view&hl=en

I have added few links in that other thread I opened, you may follow Korean forums reviews.
I have been following Korean blogs / forums and this dash cam has positive feedback. Maybe look is not that great ( too much gloss ), but it supposed to have strong built, good firmware and nice video quality, however I think if rise FPS to full 30fps on both cams, - it would make even better result.

You are right, It retails in Korea around same as Blackvue 2ch.

As long as I know, Jeanette System has a dealer somewhere in mid-east country ( maybe I am wrong, if I remember it could be a Saudi Arab countries area ? ) and probably they have ordered for mid- and central east region a Janus Echo brand name printed.

Your location is Kyrgyzstan and username is KoreanDVR. Does it mean your are an official dealer or retailer of G-Net System products ( Janus Echo in this case ) ?
If so, what would be your retail price for users of this forum if someone wants to buy it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My unit was demo in white box, with no printed manual yet,
But there are Sony Exmor sensor indeed )
At least declared.

Yes, i'am from Kyrgyzstan
But I can't export sorry
Just selling dashcams locally

KoreanDVR said:
But I can't export sorry

it's still worthwhile to add your details in the vendor section, I'm sure if some customer from Kyrgyzstan visits this forum they'd be interested to know what you can offer

KoreanDVR said:
My unit was demo in white box, with no printed manual yet,
But there are Sony Exmor sensor indeed )
At least declared.

But I can't export sorry

Yes, leaving out fact for one of the most important parts (sensor ) makes your original post about Janus not that attractive.
Now people can be more confident in quality of G-Net Classic Limited. As mentioned earlier, local Korean forums users reporting a lot of positive feedback about 2ch G-Net. Of course glossy outer finishing could be flat black like itronics itb-100hd or Mobius, and with no gold ring on the lens. Also rise FPS. Maybe developer can adjust those things if CPU allows it.

As I understand, you are re-seller / vendor of G-Net System in your country, right?

niko said:
Of course glossy outer finishing could be flat black
Especially if count that they have an experience with such case already - old Janus HD model

and with no gold ring on the lens.
That's what many customers will ask, i'am sure
This ring makes visibility higher
Would be glad to paint or close ring with black one )

Also rise FPS
To be honest, i'am not experience any issue with FPS
It's quite enough for comfortable playback
More important that FPS is stable and does not loose frames and there is no gap between video

As I understand, you are re-seller / vendor of G-Net System in your country, right?
Didn't heard of G-Net before,
Have received them as Janus models - Janus V2, Janus HD, Janus Full HD, Janus Echo

Actually, Janus name is not the best name
And i would be happy this name would be different )

Using mat black plasti dip gloss and gold ring issue can be resolved, so this is not a big thing, but its extra expense and job for buyer.

However I disagree with you about FTP.
In the city traffic low ftp is ok, but on high-way need highest possible ftp for reading numberplates of high speed passing cars which is very hard to do even with modern high end premium class dash cams. At the moment top for 2ch is 30fps for both cameras ( front 1080p rear 720p ) but perfect would be 30fps at 1080p for both cameras or most ideal is 60fps on both at 1080p. This solution hopefully we will see next year or so.
"No gaps" thing is not an issue anymore on modern days well known dash cams which are not even high price range.

I think name is the very last thing to worry about. Most important is performance and reliability.

So you are "Janus" brand / name products re-seller / vendor in your country, right?

And as I understood, you have some kind of re-seller agreement with your region main "Janus" brand dealer / supplier to re-sell this brand only locally, not outside, right?

Well, then we need 60 fps, not less
Because 25fps vs 30fps - is nothing in this case
You'll not see clearly license plate on high-way on oncoming car even with 30fps
So why should we bother about 5fps difference?

niko said:
I think name is the very last thing to worry about. Most important is performance and reliability.
So you are "Janus" brand / name products re-seller / vendor in your country, right?
And as I understood, you have some kind of re-seller agreement with your region main "Janus" brand dealer / supplier to re-sell this brand only locally, not outside, right?
About name
'Janus' is very similar to 'anus' )
That's why, customers don't like much this name
And they are not sell well, even if price difference between DR400 and Janus Full HD model is $50-$70

I'am selling wide range of models, not only Janus
There are many brands for sale - Vision Drive, FineVu, BlackVu, MiniVu, Livue, Janus, Hyndai, Smarty, Watchdog, X-Black, T-Eye models
And sometimes, able to test new models before retail sales

I don't have any agreements with anyone on paper
But i have a good prices for my market
And i can't go to other markets, for example in Russia or i'll loose good offers

Kyrgyzstan is small country and sales here are very weak comparable to Russia
But would perefer to go further with such politics, rather than will interfere Russian distributors for example on Blackvue models and loose good prices

Although, there are buyers from Russia or locals who going to Russia with dashcams bought from me locally )

Ok. I understand your policy to stay local.
Many dash cams you named are familiar.
Waiting for your new reviews on other good dash cams that are not yet mentioned in this forum.

KoreanDVR said:
Well, then we need 60 fps, not less
Because 25fps vs 30fps - is nothing in this case
You'll not see clearly license plate on high-way on oncoming car even with 30fps
So why should we bother about 5fps difference?

Lens (field of view and focus) and the bitrate (detail) are what determines the result, even driving at 100kph highway speeds I've caught the licence plates of cars going in the opposite direction at the same speeds without a problem, 1080p30 is plenty to do this

Back