Jeep versus Ford Collision

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Had an unfortunate incident today. My wife, her sister and myself were going to a cancer survivors event. My sister-in-law was driving to our place and we were going to take my car to the event. Went to leave and I had a flat tire (turned out to be a nail) so my sister-in-law said to take her Jeep - so we did.

As we were waiting for traffic to clear so we could make a left turn into the event were were hit in the rear by a guy who "Only looked down at his phone for 1 second" (his exact words :banghead: ).

Fortunately nobody was hurt, the other driver admitted fault to law enforcement, and was insured, and we were able to drive away. His car left the scene on a flat bed as it was undriveable. Karma?

Jeep1xSmall.jpg

Ford2Small.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry this happened to you and yours. Glad no one was hurt. Of all the times not to be in a dash cam equipped car!

We were just having a conversation about distracted drivers over in this thread. It's a crazy problem that just seems to be getting worse as time goes by even though many jurisdictions have outlawed using a hand held device while driving.

Last edited:
...even though many jurisdictions have outlawed using a hand held device while driving.
Michigan is one of them (distracted driving in general) and the community where this happened specifically bans hand-held devices. I don't think the other driver mentioned to the LEO he was looking at his phone, or if he did, the LEO didn't say anything to me. Have to get a copy of the police report to see what it says.

As I mentioned just yesterday in the thread I linked, we've had a law on the books forbidding the use of hand held devices since 2015 but most people seem to just ignore it.

Maybe about the time we have self-driving cars the various states will grow the balls to implement effective laws and methods to determine if the phone was in use?

Back