Jerky playback in MyNextbase Player

mdovey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I get very jerky playback (freezing video and audio everry few seconds) in MyNextbase Player (4.1.0). This occurs even if I copy the file from the camera\sdcard to the hard disk.

If I play the video in different software, it plays fine.

My computer is a four core Intel i7 7700 @2.8Ghz, 32GB RAM and Samsung SSD 960 Pro which should be more than adequate for dashcam playback.

Anyone else seeing this?

Matthew

I've just tested a few of my saved files, including one 'heavy' 3 minute clip of 1440@30, 583Mb and a bitrate of 26,621kbps and they seem fine.

All I can think of is was something else running in the background you were unaware of like a AV scan ?

It seems to be related to having too many files in the list below the map. I'd assumed I could drag at least a journey or days worth into that list. However, the list is quite unresponsive if you more than 100, and more than a few hundred impacts the performance of the rest of the application.

Matthew

Makes sense. From memory, the app plays the clips one after another so you can watch a complete journey and not a series of disconnected 3 minute, or however long you're set to, clips.

It must buffer them into one long blockbuster so 100 clips is 'giving it some'.

With a rear camera, and with the dashcam generating low and high versions of the video, and the default clip length setting of 1 minute - 100 clips is only a 25 minute journey.

Wouldn't that be 50 minutes?
100 clips divided by front and back is 50.
50 X 1 minute is 50 minutes.

By default (I think you maybe able to disable it), each camera produces a high quality and a low quality clip - so you have 1 high qual front, 1 low qual front, 1 high qual rear, 1 low qual rear - i.e. 4 clips per minute (using default settings).

I suppose you could only select the high quality ones when adding files to the player (as the low quality ones are really for faster transfers to the mobile app), although that is a little fiddly and probably not what was intended (not least because the player has options for only showing high quality, or low quality or both).

Matthew

I was going to post similar in that surely you only select the high quality files for PC video playback.

It would be interesting to know whether it's the number of files, so say 50 1 minute clips v 17 3 minute clips.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Nextbase Other 9
R Nextbase Other 7
Back