jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

WhiteEightBall said:
I know this is dumb to ask, but you did flip the flapper lever right?

lol yes i did.
I going to degreas my window today and give it another try

It was worth a shot.

You might just want to PM jokiin about suitable 3m mounts he may suggest.

I'll apologize now for the wait. The 32 gb card has been formatting for almost 2 hours now.

I guess I really do need to upgrade on the Windows market. This thing is driving me nuts right now. Though, in this computers defence, it has been 2 years since it's last time in operation. Also, it is doing both 1 gb in updates + the format. AND the dual core processor is overclocked from 2.2 to 3.6 ghz.

I have no excuses. I bought an android tablet when I SHOULD have went for a new computer. I should be apologizing to myself here...

WhiteEightBall said:
I'll apologize now for the wait. The 32 gb card has been formatting for almost 2 hours now..

sounds like you chose full format, very slow at the best of times

Just want to say thanks to jokiin for sending out an additional mount. Arrived super fast and totally free of charge. Top service!

Here are a few pics of the old and new mount. The problem I had was the black dots at the top of my windscreen, the original mount wouldn't stick to the dots. I did a quick fix with some double sided sticky tape until the replacement mount came....

Sorry for the poor quality pics. Here is the original mount, as you can see it hung quite low:

20130625_162228_zps05eb2964.jpg

20130625_162326_zps5e01d621.jpg

20130625_162342_zpsea1172e8.jpg

Here is the new mount. It's smaller so it tucks the cam out of sight under the rear view mirror more. I'm very happy with it:

20130625_163638_zps1cdb816b.jpg

20130625_163644_zpsca6e1a66.jpg

20130625_163751_zps85375df9.jpg

20130625_163816_zps92b121a0.jpg

20130625_163808_zps5a8f274c.jpg

I could have put it further up the windscreen but I wanted easy access to the buttons. The black marks are from the old mount, need to clean it up ;-)

Once again many thanks to jokiin, his customer service and support is second to none!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi jokiin,

do you happen to have a dual cam in development?

would be nice to have the 2 camera seperate from the DVR unit. this way, the DVR could be mounted behind the dash, somewhere hidden and not easily accessible. this way, if someone does break into the car, they can't just steal the dvr with all the recording with it.

for this to be practical, it will have to have
2 X external cameras
External GPS
built it (configurable) cut off voltage
wifi (to access/download video to a smartphone/laptop)
parking mode (connect to accessory port as well to detect when the car is off)
LED status light on the body of the front camera.
record button/mic mute button on the body of the front camera.
1080p 30fps

nice to have
SIM card. (sms it and get back the GPS location of the car)
able to upload location/pictures through DATA to a server ( preferably our own servers) so using standard SCP/FTP protocols.
while we are at it, display/log car battery voltage on the video or/and file.
configurable via wifi, via smartphone.

i find it a bit useless to have parking mode on a dashcam if the DVR is so easily accessible by the thief.

p.s done anyone know if there is something simmilar already available on the market? i do not need the SIM card option. basically something like the Itronics ITB-500HD

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=100

but with 1080p 30fps, good night video, and wifi

Last edited by a moderator:
SkullKill said:
Hi jokiin,

do you happen to have a dual cam in development?

yes, have a couple of models of cameras in the works at the moment including a dual remote camera version

WiFi and dual 1080p cameras is currently a problem (1080p x 1 and WiFI is ok) so first version won't have WiFi, basically everything else from your have to have list is covered though

we will be doing a WiFi model later but that's a bit further down the track at this stage, have 6 different cameras coming before we get to the WiFi model so a bit busy for the next few months

Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered a F500LHD two days ago. I could have spent spent a little more money for a much better camera.

have 6 different cameras coming

Will you be posting product announcements on this forum? I'm interested.

Whatever camera I buy next, it needs to be platform neutral or support MacOS. That is a must have feature for me I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

Cameras like the Winycam V300 are useless to me. Our Macs are set up to dual boot but the other partitions have Debian or Ubuntu. I don't have anything against Windows, but I don't want to buy Windows 8 just for a dashcam.

Andrew*Debbie said:
Will you be posting product announcements on this forum? I'm interested.

yes, will post details here as we get closer

Andrew*Debbie said:
Whatever camera I buy next, it needs to be platform neutral or support MacOS. That is a must have feature for me I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

Cameras like the Winycam V300 are useless to me. Our Macs are set up to dual boot but the other partitions have Debian or Ubuntu. I don't have anything against Windows, but I don't want to buy Windows 8 just for a dashcam.

The only thing Windows is good for with our cameras is playback of the files with the GPS data used to display map info alongside, simple playback of the video files is not O/S dependent (we have user selectable MOV or MP4 output which any OS can deal with) and nothing related to the cameras themselves is dependent on Windows, firmware updates etc are all no problem, that said though I would like to have an open platform player (I don't have a Mac but have used various versions of Linux for about 15 years) so that it's not strictly a Windows thing, something I want to do but realistically that's probably still someway down the track

Hi, i was just wondering where i can order Jokiin's cam? I see it mentioned many times but cannot see it available online? Please could someone provide me with pricing and exact specs. Does it use the Ambarella a7 chipset?

PM jokiin and he will get to you immediately.

Thanks, can't PM just yet :) think i have to have a few posts to go.

HA! Yes, sorry about that. I forgot about the limit. He is very prompt and extremely active. An extreme pleasure to do business with.

Like the look of this cam, I already have a fake orange menu which I'm impressed with in the day so my standards aren't crazy high.
People reckon this is a semi decent cheap stop gap till the newer chips get into decent product?

There are ZERO gaps with the recording of this cam.

Unless I'm missing something here. This is a fantastic cam is all I'm trying to say.

he he, thanks for clarifying the stopgap for me.

looks like Ill be waiting for the newer models, 'lucky' I can't drive due to an accident anyway so can wait.

looking forward to these newer models, if the current is better than my fake gs1000!

Hi Jokiin,

I am keen on your current car camera after reading through the reviews of the other forummers. I was wondering what is the price of the camera and do you ship it to Singapore? I have some concerns though and they are:
1. Would it be able to withstand the super hot climate here (alot of Blackvue users experienced issue of heat related damage)?
2. Does it record when it is in the parking mode without plugging into any power source
3. Any warranty?
4. Is it difficult to install? Any installation guide to hide the wires?
5. What is the latest model you have?

Sorry I cannot PM you as my message is stuck in the outbox. Thanks in advance! :D

Back