jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

BlueBolt said:
Hi Jokiin,

I am keen on your current car camera after reading through the reviews of the other forummers. I was wondering what is the price of the camera and do you ship it to Singapore? I have some concerns though and they are:
1. Would it be able to withstand the super hot climate here (alot of Blackvue users experienced issue of heat related damage)?
2. Does it record when it is in the parking mode without plugging into any power source
3. Any warranty?
4. Is it difficult to install? Any installation guide to hide the wires?
5. What is the latest model you have?

Sorry I cannot PM you as my message is stuck in the outbox. Thanks in advance! :D

I got your PM but will reply here again anyway

I'm actually out of stock for anywhere other than Australia right now (for Australia I ship locally and have stock there) but I'll answer your questions anyway

1. last summer in Australia we hit 47 degrees centigrade, cameras were no issue
2. parking mode needs power, all cameras do for this to function correctly
3. 12 months replacement warranty
4. very easy to install
5. have 6 new models coming, 4 of which will be high temp models, we are upping the basic spec specifically for high temp use as this is an issue for Australia as well

BlueBolt, instalation is very easy, but I could create a video guide on how I hid my wires if you were to ask for it.

jokiin said:
5. have 6 new models coming, 4 of which will be high temp models, we are upping the basic spec specifically for high temp use as this is an issue for Australia as well
how far are these off? I think one of these will be my next cam, screw the blackvue.

wozzzzza said:
jokiin said:
how far are these off? I think one of these will be my next cam, screw the blackvue.

further away than I'd like them to be, I should have a CNC cut sample of our new tooling back from our designer tomorrow, providing there's no changes needed the tooling for the molds will be around 3 weeks away after that, production will likely be another 3 weeks or so after that, will do a small production run initially to make sure no problems before mass production starts, we have a couple of different versions we're doing on the same basic design, single camera, dual camera etc

ok, I wont have any cash before then any way, i'm looking another few months at least before I can get another one. so these new ones should be well tested by the time I get around to it.
mate of mine will be emailing you shortly for a cam for his truck, he's sick of getting chinese cheap crap off ebay that doesn't work, funny thing is this is the first he has said to me about cams else I would have pointed him here a lot earlier saving him cash.

wozzzzza said:
ok, I wont have any cash before then any way, i'm looking another few months at least before I can get another one. so these new ones should be well tested by the time I get around to it.
mate of mine will be emailing you shortly for a cam for his truck, he's sick of getting chinese cheap crap off ebay that doesn't work, funny thing is this is the first he has said to me about cams else I would have pointed him here a lot earlier saving him cash.

Ok, we should be well sorted by then, thanks

new firmware Q20130801 is available for download now, just message me for the link if you want to update, changelog below

working on the next update now so if anyone comes across anything that needs fixing or improving please let me know

[*Firmware version Q20130801 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]
File save not saving previous recording along with current recording

[*Changes*]

Update auto timezone tables

[*New features*]

Add motion detect hot key, long press menu key while screen active can activate and deactivate motion detect during recording
Add running man icon on screen to indicate motion detect status

[*Delete*]

Delete 1440 x 1080 and 848 x 480 video modes
Delete 6Mbit and 7Mbit quality settings

[*Firmware version Q20130609 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

Fix for MP/H display error
Fix for screen waking up when recording triggered in parking mode

[*Changes*]

Update on screen GPS logo placement
Update on screen recycle logo setting graphic for improved readability
Update embedded graphic font colour from yellow with black outline to light grey with black outline
Update manual save on screen dialog to larger easy to see SAVED graphic
Update timeout value on motion detect function
Update VIDEO QUALITY default setting to 12Mbit/sec
Update RECYCLE default setting to 2 minutes

[*New features*]

Add 12h/24h time format display option for embedded graphics (default setting 24h)
Add date format display option YYYY/MM/DD, DD/MM/YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY for embedded graphics (default setting YYYY/MM/DD)
Add automatic time zone setting from GPS, (default setting AUTO)
Add delay on function setting, 5sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min, OFF (sometimes needed for diesel vehicles to prevent power surge when cranking, default setting OFF)
Add 30sec recycle option setting (for USA market)
Add GPS diagnostic display, shows number of satellites available, in use etc (long press the MODE key while in standby to access this display)

[*Delete*]

Webcam function
Speed limit menu setting
Inactive night mode menu toggle

[*Firmware version Q20130507 Change log*]

[*New Feature*]

Add user selectable MP4 or MOV output

[*Delete*]

Russian language deleted

[*Firmware version Q20130403 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

Fix UI bug when Speed display set to OFF

[*Changes*]

Update recycle strategy
Update GPS cold start procedure
Update GPS warm start process
Update NMEA data file creation process
Update menu text SYS RESET change to LOAD DEFAULTS
Update RECYCLE default setting to 3 minutes
Update VIDEO QUALITY default setting to 10Mbit/sec
Update SCREEN TEXT default value from NSW ABC123 change to REG ABC123

[*Firmware version Q20130401 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Update recycle method

[*Firmware version Q20130226 Change log*]

[*Bugfix*]

NMEA date file error resolved

[*Changes*]

Update NMEA data file management strategy

[*New Feature*]

Add support for GoTop GT-2420 GPS module

[*Firmware version Q20130106 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Updates to default settings values

[*Firmware version Q20121220 Change log*]

[*Changes*]

Add Time zone +9.5 and + 10.5 for South Australia

[*Firmware version Q20121128 Change log*]

English version preset for the Australian market

Hey jokiin...

Ever wanted to see your cam used as a sports cam...

viewtopic.php?t=2174
Used my dashcam for a bike track day

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for release of the "new" cameras under development. Will any of these be suitable for hot weather? I am in Phoenix, AZ. Very hot desert climate, highs in summer of up to 118F outside, perhaps 150F inside the car.

I am considering the new jokiin camera for the front and the Smallest Ambarella cam for the rear.

jpcdmd said:
I am waiting for release of the "new" cameras under development. Will any of these be suitable for hot weather? I am in Phoenix, AZ. Very hot desert climate, highs in summer of up to 118F outside, perhaps 150F inside the car.

I am considering the new jokiin camera for the front and the Smallest Ambarella cam for the rear.

we get the same temps in Australia, ability to handle the heat is one of the primary goals of the product

the housing will be made of a UV safe ABS/PC composite that is good for 100C temps, that's around 215F in your scale, biggest liability for most cams though is batteries, we're using super capacitors rather than batteries as it's infintley safer in hot environments

Are any action cameras coming in the future jokiin - similar to say a go pro?

bronze84 said:
Are any action cameras coming in the future jokiin - similar to say a go pro?

Sport camera probably not, I'd like to do a motorcycle specific product though with the same type of firmware functionality we do in the car product

Realistically though it would need to wait until I get these new car models done

Hello jojiin your probly aware i have bought your cam off Bonze84.
What wan t to know is how do i get it to auto record when powered from car socket. Heres what happens i plug usb in to cam turn key cam opens then goes to blue screen with MSO and under that OPEN. If i leave it it says usb connected. If i press the arrow key down to open then press ok the cam comes on then press record it starts working.but then if you power off with the car key it shuts down then turn key to power up itgoes thougth that all again. It will not auto record from car power socket.
I formated the sd card in the cam first. Have tried the reset button. Am i doing some thing wrong .

Sounds like you are not using the included power cable but using a different power cable, would that be right?

Yes Bonze84 did not supply the lead said he did not get one with the cam.when i asked him. How much for
A car charger usb cable. I tried one i got with the G900 dashcam it was still the same.let me know if you have spare leads and will paypal money to you thanks Rob

Yes Bonze84 did not supply the lead said he did not get one with the cam.when i asked him. How much for
A car charger usb cable. I tried one i got with the G900 dashcam it was still the same.let me know if you have spare leads and will paypal money to you thanks Rob
Would it be possible to use any usb cable
by doing a firmware update to stop lt thinking it was connected to a computor. Because all the
updates are done by the sd card. Just a thought
Thanks Rob

Back