Joovuu just arrived - Card format not happening

remltr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Read the manual and followed the directions.

Using a Samsung 32 Pro card.

Camera is off

Hold mode for 3 seconds let go

Press power button.

No red flash.

No format.

A little help please.

EDIT:

The above I tried while hooked up the computer after charging.

When I disconnect from the computer there appears to be no charge.

Took it out to the vehicle and plugged in the 12v supply.

Still no format.

Wifi light turns on, but I see no wifi joovuu name in my wifi settings on my iPhone 6s. Am I looking in the wrong place and possibly the wrong name?

It did record video, so at least that is working.

I just have no control at the moment over the settings for the camera or formatting.

EDIT 2:

I hooked up to wall outlet (iphone charger).

Getting it off the computer allowed me to operate it as if it were plugged in to the car. Obviously being hooked up the computer is an issue as disk shows up on the hard drive.

I was able to connect via wifi, but I think I have a used unit. I took a shot on wifi name that I have never seen before and sure enough it connected. The name was not joovuux. Either it has been changed by a previous user or something was haywire at the factory.

Still not able to format the card though.

I guess I will try a reset, maybe that will put things right.

Other than all this hassle the video looks great.

EDIT 3:

Reset no joy.

Still have the same wifi name (amba_boss)

No format.

Last edited:
Have you tried posting this problem on the Joovuu forum? Dan will be the best guy to advise you on this.

Have you tried posting this problem on the Joovuu forum? Dan will be the best guy to advise you on this.
No I haven't, but I have sent a pm to JooVuu.

Will look up the forum and dump this post there.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I thought a PC/USB port didn't provide enough power, and the X needed to be connected to a mains charger or the car.

I thought a PC/USB port didn't provide enough power, and the X needed to be connected to a mains charger or the car.

I figured that out and noted in my post above that I moved to a wall charger which did provide enough power.

Back