JooVuu negative feedback

fooey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am posting here to provide negative feedback about this seller and to find out if this is an isolated incident or whether this has occurred to other dashcamtalk members.

Apologies for the long winded post, but I wanted to express my disappointment at this vendor's customer service - for deleting support tickets without resolution, and to date sitting on a refund that still hasn't been processed since 14/03/2015. This is unacceptable.

I purchased a mini 0806 + GPS + CPL filter for £93.99 from them on 22/12/2014 which was delivered on 07/01/2015.

The device had some issues from day one which I created a thread here (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/screen-blank-off.9136/) to see if this was common or whether it appeared to be a fault with my particular unit.

I posted a support ticket on their website on 14/01/2015 detailing my issues and was advised that "We have only just released the first batch so are only just getting fully to grips with this product. It sounds like it could be a firmware issue but sadly it also seems like it could be a hardware issue. If you leave this with me I'll ask the developer and see if they have any suggestions."

I subsequently contacted them on 17/01/2015 asking for any feedback to which they replied on 19/01/2015 "Again I'll chase this up with the developer. We still have not had a reply.".

I gave them some time before chasing on the 06/02/2015, and with no answer, again on the 10/02/2015, and with no answer, again on the 24/02/2015.

In the days after, I checked my ticket status to find that my support ticket did not exist anymore (had been deleted) so I raised a new ticket on the 03/03/2015 to chase.

JooVuu responded on the 05/03/2015 to say "We have not used the contact system for quite a while now so I do apologise, we've moved to the one for well over a month. Have you returned the camera to us?"

I responded on the same day saying that "I have not sent the camera back to you as I was hoping there would be a firmware fix (but I am unable to perform it as the screen does not turn on)."

They responded on the 06/03/2015 with the firmware URL... to which I responded on the same day to repeat that I couldn't perform a upgrade because the screen does not switch on and requested to return for a replacement.

JooVuu responded on the 09/03/2015 "That's absolutely fine. However, we will only be offering a one time replacement for the 0806 at the moment as after this we will not be stocking the 0806 but rather a better camera that is more reliable."

At this stage I was loosing faith in the product and also JooVuu as basically they were saying that if I got a replacement and it had further faults then I would be on my own, so I contacted them on the same day that I would be using the request form on the website.

JooVuu responded on the 10/03/2015 to confirm that "At the moment as it stands we will be withdrawing our support for it."

I posted the entire unit back for a refund, and received a email saying that my package scanned in on the 14/03/2015.

On the 18/03/2015, I got an email saying that my ticket had been closed/resolved. Thinking this was because my refund had been processed, I checked my accounts daily.

As no refund had been received in the coming days, I reopened the ticket and chased for the refund progress on 20/03/2015, with no answer, again on the 27/03/2015, with no answer, and now again I find that my support ticket has been deleted and the monies still haven't been refunded.

Have I been scammed by JooVuu? Surely, if the unit was received back on the 14/03/2015 it doesn't take longer than a few business days to process a refund. It has been more than two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
try contact Daniel directly here @JooVuu there's maybe more to it, I know they've had some IT gremlins recently that have been giving them grief, it's not like them at all to not do what they can to sort things for a customer

Have I been scammed by JooVuu? Surely, if the unit was received back on the 14/03/2015 it doesn't take longer than a few business days to process a refund. It has been more than two weeks.

I doubt JooVuu would have deliberately scammed you, though he might be a little overloaded with orders, as far as I can gather he stopped selling the 0806 dash cams due to the high rate of faulty units that were being returned which doesn't look good for his reputation so he decided to discontinue the 0806.

From my own perspective I ordered a few items from his website for the Mobius a few months ago which were shown as 'in stock', yet following my order I received an automated email stating they were 'out of stock', and top marks to the guy because after I emailed him to cancel the order he credited my credit card straight away.

Thanks for moving the post to the correct forum (sorry about the wrong forum initially).

I will send him a direct message via this forum as well.

Hello,

I am posting here to provide negative feedback about this seller and to find out if this is an isolated incident or whether this has occurred to other dashcamtalk members.

Apologies for the long winded post, but I wanted to express my disappointment at this vendor's customer service - for deleting support tickets without resolution, and to date sitting on a refund that still hasn't been processed since 14/03/2015. This is unacceptable.

I purchased a mini 0806 + GPS + CPL filter for £93.99 from them on 22/12/2014 which was delivered on 07/01/2015.

The device had some issues from day one which I created a thread here (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/screen-blank-off.9136/) to see if this was common or whether it appeared to be a fault with my particular unit.

I posted a support ticket on their website on 14/01/2015 detailing my issues and was advised that "We have only just released the first batch so are only just getting fully to grips with this product. It sounds like it could be a firmware issue but sadly it also seems like it could be a hardware issue. If you leave this with me I'll ask the developer and see if they have any suggestions."

I subsequently contacted them on 17/01/2015 asking for any feedback to which they replied on 19/01/2015 "Again I'll chase this up with the developer. We still have not had a reply.".

I gave them some time before chasing on the 06/02/2015, and with no answer, again on the 10/02/2015, and with no answer, again on the 24/02/2015.

In the days after, I checked my ticket status to find that my support ticket did not exist anymore (had been deleted) so I raised a new ticket on the 03/03/2015 to chase.

JooVuu responded on the 05/03/2015 to say "We have not used the contact system for quite a while now so I do apologise, we've moved to the one for well over a month. Have you returned the camera to us?"

I responded on the same day saying that "I have not sent the camera back to you as I was hoping there would be a firmware fix (but I am unable to perform it as the screen does not turn on)."

They responded on the 06/03/2015 with the firmware URL... to which I responded on the same day to repeat that I couldn't perform a upgrade because the screen does not switch on and requested to return for a replacement.

JooVuu responded on the 09/03/2015 "That's absolutely fine. However, we will only be offering a one time replacement for the 0806 at the moment as after this we will not be stocking the 0806 but rather a better camera that is more reliable."

At this stage I was loosing faith in the product and also JooVuu as basically they were saying that if I got a replacement and it had further faults then I would be on my own, so I contacted them on the same day that I would be using the request form on the website.

JooVuu responded on the 10/03/2015 to confirm that "At the moment as it stands we will be withdrawing our support for it."

I posted the entire unit back for a refund, and received a email saying that my package scanned in on the 14/03/2015.

On the 18/03/2015, I got an email saying that my ticket had been closed/resolved. Thinking this was because my refund had been processed, I checked my accounts daily.

As no refund had been received in the coming days, I reopened the ticket and chased for the refund progress on 20/03/2015, with no answer, again on the 27/03/2015, with no answer, and now again I find that my support ticket has been deleted and the monies still haven't been refunded.

@JooVuu
our website is upgrading the server,our joovuu mail and website is unavailable at the moment,will get back soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello JooVuu,

I have checked my account this morning and the refund has not appeared yet.

I will update this thread once the refund has been received.

Thanks

not sure about anyone else ..

but I am really curious about some dashcam sales "companies" who use this forum.

A new camera comes out as a first batch and a video from china appears representing the sales companies "publicity" and it appears to be an amateur unboxing and demonstration from some ones flat in a non descript street

in china ! This is obviously done by the Chinese "branch" of the operation ....

Then we find there is a UK branch of the operation that sends out the product from the UK and takes UK returns all supported by a website that has a very small selection of differing cameras.

Nothing I see gives me the impression the companies could be large enough to possibly have a "customer service agent" never mind seek to employ more and I notice if based in the uk there is no Ltd after the company name

suggesting turnover hasn't reached the obligatory thresh hold....

I get the impression these are one man band operations purporting to be something more ???????

Jou voo , out of interest how many "customer service agents " do you have and have you sacked the ones who have let you and your reputation down in recent weeks - or are you a one man band ?

The refund is still not appearing in my account.

Come on @JooVuu, it should not take this long for a refund.

Last edited:
As a closure on this thread :

On the 7/4, as per other posts on here, I requested the ticket be handled by "Dan".

Chasing on the 10/4, I received an email on the 14/4 and a ticket reply on the 15/4 stating that the refund had been processed. The message said to wait 3 days for the money to show.

I waited until the 18/4 and there was still no refund.

On the 20/4, they replied stating problems with PayPal, to which I responded on the 22/4 that I never purchased via PayPal but via direct credit card transaction.

JooVuu requested on the 22/4 to refund me via paypal and I responded with my account details.

JooVuu stated on the 23/4 that it would be sent to me ASAP, I chased on the 25/4, received a reply on the 28/4 saying the refund should have been sent along with some further negative comments about PayPal.

I responded on the 28/4 to say that I still have not received a refund.

On 14/5, JooVuu closed the ticket.

As I was having so much trouble with JooVuu promising a refund that never arrived - I have raised a transaction dispute / retailer dispute with my credit card provider.

I am having similar problems ..

27th Jan - Sent back a faulty Mini 0803 which cost £68.20

20th Feb - Told that they no longer supply the 0803 so paid an extra £35.30 for the 0806

6th April - Heard nothing back from JooVuu so sent them a message asking what was happening.

17th April - Told that my money had been refunded

20th April, 1st May, 11th May - No reply to my ticket

11th May - Opened Paypal claim for £35.30

14th May - Joovuu closed ticket without even an explanation!

15th May - Still no refund and still no communication

I will be very surprised if I see all my money again!

Shocking Customer Service!

I can feel a letter coming on to Trading Standards if this doesn't get sorted soon!

@JooVuu

Last edited:
Do you have a ticket number and I'll personally deal with this?

Kind regards,

Dan

@JooVuu tickets are 518, 1099 and the current one is 1520

Last edited:
@JooVuu still waiting....

Paypal refunded the £35 as Joovuu did not respond to the claim as expected!

@JooVuu still waiting for the refund I have had very little contact from you on ticket 1520. You have asked for the order number which is already on there. This has been going on for nearly 6 months you have made no effort to sort the problem out. I can't see why a refund is taking so long to sort. I have submitted a complaint with Trading Standards.

This appears to be a common problem with JooVuu - they just ignore problems and hope they go away. Happened to me and I had to file a PayPal dispute to get my money back.

This appears to be a common problem with JooVuu - they just ignore problems and hope they go away. Happened to me and I had to file a PayPal dispute to get my money back.

Exact same thing here.

Back