Joovuu x need a new battery(I think)

Corasman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been using my joovuu x since literally day one ,and it still works(a minor miracle)but I have noticed all my files are dated 2014 or 2015 and no matter what I do I cannot change the date.
Is it possible the battery (Must be well na*****d by now)not supplying power to save the configuration or is it something else .
And where do i get a replacement.

Not sure if there are any original jovuue stock around, but the battery is a pretty normal 1 cell lipo so if you can not get a original one, all you need it to get a battery with the measurements to fit inside the Joovuu camera.
Sadly i threw mine out a while back as all 3 had now died on me so i can not measure up a battery to give you the size of it, and a swelled up one is hard to extrapolate original size from.

you can always go with a smaller than original battery to be damn sure it can fit inside, after all if used as a dashcam the battery are just there to end the last file in the case of a major event, and then even a battery 1/2 the size of the original one should be fine.

Thanks for the replies.
Any ideas on the files being dated years out of date.
I think the battery size is about 30mm square.

When the time/date go out of wack it is often a battery issue, in some case there will be a small button cell battery only to power the keeping of time/date, but i also think this can be done from a larger battery.
It do make a big mess in a camera when it constantly revert to some has been time/date, as that screw up the deletion of files, and so if your memory card is full with newer files, and it go to a older time / date, then what it just recorded just now with that old date is the oldest footage om the memory card, and so if it is full what is just saved will get deleted to make room for more.

I cant recall if the X cam had a button "RTC" battery in it also, it is normally a small 5 - 10 mm diameter battery sitting on the main board itself, these can be more or less problematic to replace.

I sent off for a battery that fits a Mobious camera,the plug is different so pressed out the connections and fitted them to the original battery plug,low and behold -it works and the time and date on the files are correct.
See how many more years I can get out of it.

I sent off for a battery that fits a Mobious camera,the plug is different so pressed out the connections and fitted them to the original battery plug,low and behold -it works and the time and date on the files are correct.
See how many more years I can get out of it.
call that a win, well done

Back