JooVuu X two years later

yeah all dashcams will work just fine with a decent class 10 U1 card, maybe not the poorest of models but i an sure most will be fine.
Class 10 U1 cards are what i have been using mostly in my cameras.

Me now focusing on class 10 U3 cards are really just silly as they will only shine if you move a lot of files, and i never do that, i just grab a 3 min file here and there and then a little slower read speed dont really matter, and besides most good class 10 U 1 cards actually have good read speeds its just the write speeds that's slower, but i dont care for that as long as it is faster than the camera is writing.

I have my X running now on the 64GB Samsung Evo class 10 card, looping already for a few hours with a full card, I'll be curious if this turns out well.

If it does I'll buy me a standard class 10 128GB Samsung card, just for the heck of it, to see if that also works out, but if it does, the U3 (>80MB/s) Kingston and Samsung would be TOO FAST....?

That would be hilarious.... Hahaha

I have a couple of 64GB Samsung EVO cards and I've been very pleased with them. Recently, I found a 128GB Samsung EVO at the local Walmart on clearance for 25 dollars! An amazing deal!! That's less than half the price they are selling for on Amazon right now.

Recently, I found a 128GB Samsung EVO at the local Walmart on clearance for 25 dollars! An amazing deal!! That's less than half the price they are selling for on Amazon right now.

either old stock or they were losing money, whichever it was that's not one you want to walk past and not purchase given the current prices

either old stock or they were losing money, whichever it was that's not one you want to walk past and not purchase given the current prices

I know! I didn't need it but I couldn't pass it up! It's still in the package but I certainly won't regret buying it. Our local Walmart sometimes has some astonishing clearance deals if you pay attention and get lucky enough to time it right. Those same Samsung cards were on clearance earlier but not low enough to entice me. When I dropped by the store about 5 days later they were down to 25 bucks and there were only two left. The interesting thing was they had the Samsung EVO 64GB card right next to it for about the same price.

Just for my info, why would a (slower) 128GB U1 be a better candidate for the X camera than the fast U3 version?

I mean, it makes no sense,well not to me anyway.....

Just for my info, why would a (slower) 128GB U1 be a better candidate for the X camera than the fast U3 version?

I mean, it makes no sense,well not to me anyway.....

U3 controller is different, might be the case that the firmware has better support for the U1 type controllers

I have a well used PNY class 10 / U1 128GB card and a relatively new Toshiba U3 128GB card.

My JooVuu X normally runs at 24mbps via my own modified firmware. The PNY card works up to 30mbps (maybe higher, not tested) but the Toshiba card will only work at 18mbps.

I have a couple of 64GB Samsung EVO cards and I've been very pleased with them. Recently, I found a 128GB Samsung EVO at the local Walmart on clearance for 25 dollars! An amazing deal!! That's less than half the price they are selling for on Amazon right now.

I know where I'll be in the morning :D Kind of odd, but being on the poorer side of town I see lots of high-end stuff collect dust getting clearanced because the locals don't even think about the possibility of bargains being found there; they only shop for low-end stuff :rolleyes: You get more POWM at these locations too :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I know where I'll be in the morning :D Kind of odd, but being on the poorer side of town I see lots of high-end stuff collect dust getting clearanced because the locals don't even think about the possibility of bargains being found there; they only shop for low-end stuff :rolleyes: You get more POWM at these locations too :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Yeah, there's definitely an element of that in the nearby town where the Walmart is. And I see people there who definitely shouldn't be wasting their meager resources on weird, cheap useless junk that is being marketed to them like the Rotato Potato Peeler and similar dumb gadgets (as seen on TV!) but they eat this stuff up. More expensive items can sit there quite awhile. Anyway, the icing on the cake for me buying the 128 GB memory card was that particular Walmart is over in New Hampshire where they have no sales tax, which of course, is one reason for venturing over there. It's interesting living in a location where I'm several miles away from two adjacent states.

Last edited:
GA has some sales tax exemptions for out-of-state residents so folks here go down there to buy work and travel trailers. And NC people come down here to fill their fuel tanks but our gas taxes will be going up as funding for the promise to fix our crappy roads. Yeah right, I've heard those kinds of lies before :mad: Most poor people remain that way because they don't understand how to not waste money. They spend what little money they have trying to not appear poor when in reality they have nothing and probably never will :rolleyes: I may not have much but every bit of it is mine alone and it's all paid for in full :cool:

Phil

And I see people there who definitely shouldn't be wasting their meager resources on weird, cheap useless junk that is being marketed to them like the Rotato Potato Peeler and similar dumb gadgets (as seen on TV!) but they eat this stuff up.
Missed that one :p

...but our gas taxes will be going up as funding for the promise to fix our crappy roads. Yeah right, I've heard those kinds of lies before :mad:...
Yeah, MI just passed a large gas tax increase with the same promise but built into the legislation was a caveat that the first 2 years of the increased revenue will be spent on other things, and there was no absolute guarantee that revenues collected after that would go to road repairs - just that that was the intended use. :mad::( And politicians wonder why people consider them to be one of the lowest life forms on the planet.

I just found out that in the SJ7 Star the Kingston U3 card ( the one with red writing on it ) just dont work, but the Trancend ultimate work just fine ( both 64 Gb )

Ok, I tried the 64GB Kingston U3, and the 64GB SAMSUNG Evo Plus U3, both on 38MB/s, and there are a few stop/starts, just like the 128 GB Kingston U3, but..... The 64GB SAMSUNG Evo U1 worked a whole night at the bench >8hrs), and a whole day in the truck (>10 hrs) and had only one NON-start, ignition thingie. Turn ignition on too quick or slow I don't know.

So, U1 works better in X..... But it still not as reliable as I would have liked it to be...

So, U1 works better in X..... But it still not as reliable as I would have liked it to be...

It certainly appears that way. Perhaps a firmware update could sort that out for us. Oh, wait...

It certainly appears that way. Perhaps a firmware update could sort that out for us. Oh, wait...

Yeah, what's up with that anyway?

Aren't they coming back at all? Did they pull the plug?

Another go, and the Kingston 64GB U3 and the Samsung 128GB U3 both had multiple stop starts, but....

the 128GB KINGSTON was now performing nicely with maybe 1 or 2 stop starts in a whole 2 days work....

I used the AUKEY car charger, and performance was better than with the original JooVuu GPS power cable....

Could it be a power thing after all?

What bugs me MOST about the whole X camera discussions ANYWHERE, is that we read a LOT of

- maybe's
- I think's
- possibly's
- probably's

NO ONE has or NOWHERE have I found ANY definite solution for this issue, nor for the flickering video footage we experience.

I'm not so sure I would want to buy yet another SD card, just to find out where the X's limits are, because

JOOVUU SHOULD TELL US.....

PS oh yeah, I also tried 28mb/s (mod) and the 38mb/s, the 38 is working great sometimes, and sometimes not, 28mb/s seems to be OK for the 128GB Kingston U3, which is weird cause ALL my cards work great on Foxeer Legend 2 and 3,all at 38mb/s bitrate.....

So, THE CARDS ARE ALL OK....!!

Last edited:
Back