JooVuu X Unboxing and Overview

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
As most of you know I was lucky enough to be a part of the beta test of the JooVuu X. It was a very exciting experience to help shape and sort out a camera, and it is something I to hope get the chance to do again.
After going through a few beta samples I now have a retail unit on hand. I kept meaning to write up earlier, but I am constantly using this thing. It is on my hat more often then not.

Spec Shortlist

Hardware

Chipset: Ambarella A7LA75
CMOS: OVI
Battery: SuperCap (Battery easily interchangeable)
USB Plug: Mini

Firmware
Loop: 1,2,3,5, 10, Contumacious
WDR: Has its own menu setting for Off/On
Video Bitrate: Low, Med, High
Field of Vision: 155, 120, 90, 60
Emergency Lock: Have not tried yet.
Version: January 24th
Resolutions: 2560x1080P 30FPS (21:9),2304x1296P 30FPS (16:9),1920x1080P 60FPS,1920x1080P 45FPS
1920x1080P 30FPS (HDR)

File Properties
Audio Chanel: Mono according to file properties, but I have read it is stereo.
Audio Codec: MP4A
Audio Bitrate: 64kbps
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MOV
Video Bitrate: 17992kbps (Roughly 18Mb)
Size: 140.1 Mb (Per 1 min file)

Card Used: PNY 128GB(P-SDUX128U160G-GE)(Seems to work okay)
Projected Recording Time: 16.2 Hours

Product Page:Here
DCT Contact @JooVuu

Unboxing

Last edited:
Day Footage

Last edited:
Night Footage
Hold

Notes
First off let me apologize for taking so long to get back in gear here. I have not been feeling very well for awhile, and it kind of slowed me down.

First of this has got to be my favorite camera I have ever used. It is small, light, portable, takes my 128 GB card, and runs off my power pack with no issue. It has a nice rubber like feel to it so it won't slip out of my hands. It takes a Mini B plug so I can go to Walmart and get long cheap cords to put it on my hat and have a lot of cord to run down my jacket. I don't have to hunt for those odd 5 Pin cables that cameras like the C4 take.

The included hat/visor clip makes life really easy, and I wear it all the time. I really like that I can put it on my hat, do a Ron Popeil and not have to worry about it. I use everywhere in and outside my car. The X allows me to have a camera that sees what I see so if I am driving and look out my side window the camera fallows. It also really comes in handy when I am out with my dog in case another dog gets unleashed and we have an issue I am protected and won't have to worry about any he said she said.

Overall I am very happy with the X. It was a wonderful experience to get to help from the ground floor, and it really shows in the final product that there is a lot of work in this camera.

Last edited:
Added notes. Again sorry for the long wait on updating

Back