Camera will not fit on bracket

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't even use this device because it does not slip into the bracket no matter how hard I push. Hurting my damn fingers trying to get it on.

Won't even fit on my older model bracket that is still on the windshield.

I believe the older model had this same exact problem.

If you're trying to take the mount on and off, without the mount being stuck on the window first, that's not going to work well at all. It will feel too tight but it's not.

You need the leverage of the mount being already stuck to the window and the dashcam will go on and off much easier.

If you've accidentally forced the not yet stuck mount onto the back of the dashcam you'll need to press down with two thumbs and or press the edge of the mount against a counter corner etc. Please call us if you want real-time help to get it sorted for you. I can post a video if that helps as well.

USA has had maybe 4 support calls with your exact description over the last couple of years, and we got things sorted every time.

GC/X2 mount isn't compatible with DC/DCpro mount.

I got it on but had to really force it. I don't even know why you put in those stickers that go on the back between the mount and camera because there is no chance they will fit.

Why is there two length of usb cables when you only need one to run to the back camera?

Options, other buyers may have vehicles longer or shorter than yours. These are not the type of cables which are cheap or easy for most buyers to find locally. Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't.

KuoH

Why is there two length of usb cables when you only need one to run to the back camera?

I got it on but had to really force it. I don't even know why you put in those stickers that go on the back between the mount and camera because there is no chance they will fit.

The curvature of the glass will eventually slowly pull against the flat plastic mount creating a micro gap on the sides of it. the micro gap can cause a slight rattle that could potentially spoil the audio and or video. Most people add the EVA foam right away but you can add it later if you want or not at all.

Long 6 meter cable has a straight plug on one end so you can pull through tight grommet holes or narrow boot covers. The 3.5 m cable has a 90° plug on both ends and is more ideal for some to keep the rear camera higher since it doesn’t have a straight plug protruding.

I'm glad how they provided 2 different length cables as I ended up needing the longer one. They're only doing that to try and help you out.

And attaching / removing the cams off the plastic bracket will get easier after about 4 - 5 times. The first time, it is kinda hard.

Yeah, I was just really mad when I tried to attach the camera to the bracket already installed in my car from an older model.

It ripped it off the windshield and I had to install the newer bracket.

I guess you are better off with it being tighter than too loose. It is true it does get way looser after the first few times.

Not a big deal and I still like this dash cam the best of all.

One thing is for sure, i have never heard about this being a issue, with any camera mounting in a similar way, so your issue are closer to a one of than many other strange things have happening with their dashcams.

Back