Just a warning before buying from this dealer.

jamesjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have checked to see if moovika is a member and he or she is not because I can't find any posts, but his or her company is mentioned many times on the forum so I thought I would provide a record of my experience with EDR-Auto so far.

As you can see from the attached screen shot I ordered this filter just before Christmas so I wasn't expecting it to arrive until the new year, I paid on the 20th and got the attached invoice that appears to show it was being sent on the 21st...this is a copy by the way that was updated 7th January...on the originally note I was advised I would get a tracking URL from the courier.

When I didn't receive a URL link by the 7th January I contacted them via their customer service and was advised there was a problem and it would be dispatched, but as you can see at the bottom right of the attached notification by 11th January it still has not been sent...and in fact there is no URL from a courier because it is now supposedly being sent via the French postal system, that is of course when it is finally sent...the filter isn't cheap and neither is the 7.2 euros postage, obviously the URL link and the dispatched date are just fictitious nonsense supplied in order to deceive the buyer.

I am now considering starting a dispute via PayPal...its just a pity we don't have a UK based company that supplies this filter for the F770, then I wouldn't need to do business with moovika and EDR-Auto.

Kind regards and Happy New Year.
James.

Attachments

• 2019-01-11 (1)_LI.jpg
    2019-01-11 (1)_LI.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 30
Thanks Maddog,

If I'd have known Thinkware do their own I would have ordered it from the UK...I did do a search but could only find the EDR-Auto version, EDR-Auto seem to get good reviews but the reviews are linked to their own website!

Kind regards
James.

I have checked to see if moovika is a member and he or she is not because I can't find any posts, but his or her company is mentioned many times on the forum so I thought I would provide a record of my experience with EDR-Auto so far.

@edr-auto.fr is a member here, they don't visit that often but you can message them here

I think you've been unlucky. Loads of people on here have ordered the filter from them and received it no problem myself included. Seems something has gone wrong with that supplier unfortunately.

Thanks for the replies Guys,

Things have moved on since yesterday but it isn't good news, the item arrived this morning but that is were the good news ends because they sent the wrong item...I have received a rear filter for the F800 pro and it gets worse because they put it in a jiffy bag that was too small so it had insufficient packaging and appears to have been damaged in transit.

I am presuming it was the lack of packaging that caused the damaged in transit but sending the wrong filter is not very good is it?

I had already contacted the seller via his website and I suppose I could have been unlucky because I did search the posts here before ordering and his reviews are good...so I hope if he is a good seller he will make a refund and not get into any unnecessary disputes over the filter he sent.

Thanks again for your posts and best regards
James.

Attachments

• Broken Filter.JPG
    Broken Filter.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 29
Hello
We are sorry for these problems.
I think that the end-of-year celebrations did not fix the situation quickly.
If you look at the order you have ordered the rear "Arrière" filter F 750-770-800 and not Front "Avant" but it is in French
We sent you the ordered product but it happened damaged
Do you want us to send the CPL Filter front F770 ?

I'm still sorry for this problem and it's pretty rare given the amount of filter we ship around the world every day
Best regards
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear David,

For your information with my post I attached a copy of the order that you amended on 7-1-19, I used google transpose when I made the order and isn't it strange how I have attempt to check my "order history" and "my account" and for the first time since the 20-12-18 I am not able to check my original order because your web-page is unavailable and you can see I tried twice...you have to admit that is not only strange but inconvenient for me yet convenient for you? I think there have been comments in the past on here about how your website is confusing for none speaking French and that poster was advised to use google translate which I did! You also appear to be continually editing your last post and adding links don't you know your own products or are you making adjustments to your confusing web-pages?

I suppose it was my fault that you still hadn't posted the item 17 days after receiving payment...yes I know it was Christmas and New Year...we had holidays in the UK as well but business didn't stop for 17 days and customers that placed orders were still being sent their items, you seem to have forgotten you did notify me on the 21-12-18 that my order was "in delivering", it is clear if I had waited for you and hadn't contacted you on the 7-1-19 I would still be waiting for you to send the item and wasn't it you that didn't use sufficient packaging to ensure safe delivery of the said item...what are you going to accuse me of next damaging the unit that you sent!

Maybe we are both wrong and two wrongs don't make a right.

Thank you for the refund and best wishes for the future.
James.

Attachments

• 2019-01-13 (1).png
    2019-01-13 (1).png
    218.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2019-01-13 (18).png
    2019-01-13 (18).png
    220.2 KB · Views: 8
Please delete cookies and try again
Your session may have expired
Our shop is running without problems
See your order attached file
State of your order: refunded

Attachments

• FA004816.jpg
    FA004816.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I don't need to look at the order or delete cookies and my session between the 2-1-19 and the 7-1-19 hadn't and didn't expire in fact the first attachment is a few minutes apart from the second attachment...why is this bothering you?

I asked for a refund and you made a refund and I thanked you and I also accepted that I was wrong too therefore the dispute is closed.

You are making posts then editing them...I think this thread should be closed because there is nothing more to be said.

I just wish I can find one here in the states.

Hi WeedeaterDM,

Have you tried the link on post 2? I thought Thinkware were US based but if you can't get it from the US message me and I will buy it here and send it to you if you are happy to refund me the postage to the US.

Kind regards
James.

These CPL filters are out of stock on the Thinkware website. Any idea when they'll be available again, or elsewhere to purchase please?

@ pxr5

If Thinkware can't give you a date when their CPL are back in stock or you are desperate to reduce the dash board reflections like I was and don't want to wait, I ordered 2 see my offer at post 13 just in case the poster wanted one...maybe I got the last 2, the CPL is in a sealed Thinkware box and you have to make sure you follow their instructions when fitting and get the position of the CPL right.

If you want it at the price I paid 12.99 plus a couple £ for recorded delivery post its yours, their postage was more by the way.

I hope I am not breaking any rules with this post if so sorry please delete it...I have a spare and just helping a fellow member.

Kind regards
James.

Jamesjay, that's great thanks. PM incoming.

Just so you can see I am genuine and you are getting a sealed box I have attached 2 pics yours unopened on the left and mine opened on the right I will PM you my details.

But the instructions are not great so make sure you get it right over the camera lens I found it very fiddly to get the adhesive side of the CPL right over the lens correctly and even removing the protective strip from the sticky side was awkward.

James.

Attachments

• IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2702.JPG
    IMG_2702.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 13
Back