Just bought 129. Some questions.

DashCamKing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've ordered this power cable as I can't access my fuse box:

It's the mini usb version. Someone has mentioned using a micro usb version. Do they have a different version of the 129 or are they getting mixed up?

Also when I install it can I use the gps mount or the main body power supply? I was also wondering if it's worth having some spare cable so I can detach the camera for side video. Is this advisable or will the camera keep running for a short while if power is withdrawn?

Need Mini-USB. Do you plan to use mode 2 while parked? Asking because the 11.6 cut-off is quite low.

Connect the mini-USB power cable to the mount. Can connect it to the side too if you want.

Thanks. I ordered the mini version after looking at the camera. It's a shame as I would have liked to order it with the camera, but didn't know which to get.

The 11.6v is very low so I would be worried to use it long term. It seems most of these obd power supplies use 11.6. I don't know why this. Are there any that go higher out there? I looked at the 3 wire kit but there is no easy way to access the fuse box in my car.

I also ordered a sandisk endurance 128gb card and the bluetooth lock video button. Am looking forward to getting it all in.

Back