Just bought a DR380 HD

Conceited

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just bought a DR380 from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/181251121738
Is there any way I can confirm it's genuine when I receive it? The seller has good rating but I was shocked at the price.

Also, is this compatible with the Blackvue iOS app considering it's an old model?

Thank you.

Last edited:
It looks like users are saying the firmware is in Korean. I can't find the English firmware anywhere. Just for the 380G not the 380 HD. Can anyone help me find this?

It looks like users are saying the firmware is in Korean. I can't find the English firmware anywhere. Just for the 380G not the 380 HD. Can anyone help me find this?

typical for Blackvue cameras sold out of Korea, member Hillbilly here might know, he has this model I think as well as a couple of other Blackvue models

typical for Blackvue cameras sold out of Korea, member Hillbilly here might know, he has this model I think as well as a couple of other Blackvue models
I'll get in touch with him, thanks.

Thought you had one of these, either way you're probably the most clued up legible user here with Blackvue models

Has it got GPS as the listing says down the bottom "Without GPS" It doesn't have WIFI so not sure how it will go with an iphone Here is the link to the Firmware

http://blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.asp?mode=view&serboardsort=29&page=2&idx=881&search=&searchstr=

It seems from looking around the price is far too cheap as these are going for up to $300. Hope you haven't been conned

I haven't got one I have a 350 a 400 and a 500
Hmm...It looks like on that page it says it's not for the 380 HD, just the 380G which is the model with GPS.

Its the only version for a 380 there is or has been in the last two years.

In Blackvue's product list there is no 380 WITHOUT GPS so don't know where that one came from.

Its the only version for a 380 there is or has been in the last two years.

In Blackvue's product list there is no 380 WITHOUT GPS so don't know where that one came from.

Just received it yesterday and set it up with power magic pro and its working great. It's definitely genuine as I confirmed the serial number with Pittasoft. It looks like english firmware doesn't exist for this model like you said since there is only one version of the firmware which is only in Korean. I'll just deal with it. No big deal.

My only issue now is that the time and date are incorrect even when I change it in the settings. the config.ini file shows the correct time zone but recorded videos show the wrong date and time on the time stamp. Any ideas?

Also, it will overwrite the old video when the SD card gets full right? I don't want to have to manually delete the videos every time it gets full. That would be pretty inconvenient.

It can take 20 mins or so when you take it outside the first time to orient itself. You should about once a month format the card to keep it clean and tidy as they can corrupt sometimes when they get full. They do overwrite

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR300 0
D DR300 1
B20RRL DR300 0
RoyClark DR300 1
alphadec DR300 1
Back